Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Reverend's Art Thread (Page 1)

This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  13  14  15   
Author Topic: Reverend's Art Thread
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok I'm sorta back, artwise, for the time being so to get myself back into the groove here's a "what if" character design for all you batman fans out there.

-

I know it's not Star Trek but to be honest I'm finding logos and space ships to be a tad tedious of late.

[ January 24, 2009, 03:23 PM: Message edited by: Fabrux ]

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm down with that. Frankly, I was hoping for this sort of deal than for Max to end up as the next Robiin, as her civvies would suggest.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is this based on Terry's high-school pal/confidant?

It's kinda cool but I'd go with a gold metallic bat/cape interior to make it both distinctive from Terry's costume and as homage to the Barbra Gordon batgirl.
....and I'd reduce the size of the character's forehead: the side-view in particular looks strange as is.

I dig the blue elements running down the costume's front.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I'm down with that. Frankly, I was hoping for this sort of deal than for Max to end up as the next Robin, as her civvies would suggest.
I never thought that a new Robin character would sit well with the future setting. I did fiddle with a possible design but it ended up looking more like a 'red' version of Nightwing...with pink hair.

However I did put a bit of a sideways reference to Frank Miller's female Robin with the Green lenses, so the spirit of Robin is there at least. [Wink]

quote:
Is this based on Terry's high-school pal/confidant?

It's kinda cool but I'd go with a gold metallic bat/cape interior to make it both distinctive from Terry's costume and as homage to the Barbra Gordon batgirl.
....and I'd reduce the size of the character's forehead: the side-view in particular looks strange as is.

I dig the blue elements running down the costume's front.

Yeah, Max.

Ok, I just tried changing the colour to gold and I have to say it's a big no no. It clashes horribly with the rest of the costume.
Personally I think having those Nightwing-esq blue elements, an oldstyle cowl and a non-retractable cape is enough to distinguish this costume from Terry's.

As for the forehead that's a part of Max's design, so I can't get around it.
Actually alot of the teenage girl designs on that show had preportionatly large heads, so it's consistant with the general style.

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You try making the bat blue then?
I like where you're going but it's still Batman's costume on a girl: it could be more distinctive.
Try making the red costume element bright bllue or violet and the lenses red.
I think that would look pretty cool.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Kazeite
Member # 970

- posted      Profile for Kazeite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whoa... I bow before your greatness, Reverend [Smile]

You even slightly redesigned bat-logo...

--------------------
"Do I remember about my amnesia?"

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not really sure how you could make it more, er, "femenine" without it looking silly. Perhaps boots, but I dunno if they'd work. Maybe a little bit of the blue highlighting (which looks nice) in other places?

You really have captured the BB style though. This would fit right in. The only real difference is that Max hasn't got the painfully skinny ankles that she and every other character had in BB (and The New Batman Adventures, too). Still, at least the incredibley tiny waist is there...

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Kazeite
Member # 970

- posted      Profile for Kazeite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, she has those skinny ankles on her character sheet as well... [Smile]

--------------------
"Do I remember about my amnesia?"

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

quote:
You try making the bat blue then?
If you mean the symbol, yeah, I did. It made the costume a little too dark, I think the red is really needed for a the sake of contrast.

quote:
I like where you're going but it's still Batman's costume on a girl: it could be more distinctive.
Well technically the beyond suit is just a black version of the batwoman outfit (chronologically), so what goes around comes around. [Wink]

quote:
Try making the red costume element bright bllue or violet and the lenses red.
I think that would look pretty cool.

Again, tried it, looked bad. It looked much too Nightwing-ish and changing the colour of the lenses destroyes the Frank Miller Robin reference.

quote:

You even slightly redesigned bat-logo...

After I decided on the shoulder wrapping cape and the blue trim I kind of had too.

--------------------

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

quote:
I'm not really sure how you could make it more, er, "femenine" without it looking silly. Perhaps boots, but I dunno if they'd work. Maybe a little bit of the blue highlighting (which looks nice) in other places?
Kung-fun in high heels isn't exactly practical (just read Batgirl: Year One [Wink] ) nor is it really Max's stlye.
I had a go at changing the highlights from grey to the blue/purple shade on the Justice League Batman design and I'm not sure if I like it...reminds me too much of the 60's tv series batgirl...*shudder*

quote:
Well, she has those skinny ankles on her character sheet as well...
Maybe that's because I cheated and traced over the character sheet for this costume design. [Big Grin]

-

--------------------

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PsyLiam:
I'm not really sure how you could make it more, er, "femenine" without it looking silly.

Put nipples on the costume. Nothing silly about nipples. Unless they're George Clooney's... *shudder*

I've never seen Batman Beyond, so forgive my ignorance, but who are Max and Terry?

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

No nipples...at least not on any version I'll be releasing [Wink]

This should give you a good rundown on the show and characteres.
If you have any kind of interest in Batman you just HAVE to watch the Batman Beyond movie (Return of the Joker).
If for nothing else than to see what happens to poor Robin (Drake).
Jason Todd of the comics got off easy by comparison.

--------------------

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Except that he died. Your definition of "got off easy" is a bit odd.

And how comes I never noticed Max's pert little arse before?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jesus Christ.
Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Too bad I don't even think Timm and company would go this direction for the JLU season 3 finale.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  13  14  15   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.