Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Reverend's Art Thread (Page 10)

This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15   
Author Topic: Reverend's Art Thread
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ever done an Anarky [small]yes it's spelled that way in the comics- dont ask me why)[/small]?

He's a very cool character- one of the Bat's only foes that has aged (when he first appeared he was only 14 years old- now he's at least 20).

hmmm....and old Talia and fully grown (middle-aged?) Damian might be cool.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Five seconds on Wikipedia tells me that Anarky looks too much like a 'V for Vendetta' rip, so it'd have to be a complete redesign (plus he's already been done in the Bruce Timm style.)

As for Talia; her fate in the "Beyond" time frame has already been told. If you don't know what it is already then you probably don't want to. It's really creepy.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The "V" rip depends greatly on the artist- I've seen his costume with more of a romanesque mask.

Go on a tell me 'bout Tallia- I can take it.

How 'bout Ragman? He lives in Gotham. So does the goden age Green Lantern (with his magic ring) and someone has to have inherited that power.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Vanguard
Member # 1780

- posted      Profile for Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Talia's stored on floppy disk (there's a REASON that Ras was insane in protecting that computer. He couldn't rebuild the DATA on it.) So she could, in some capacity, actually come back in a new body.

Her old one, though (which Ras possessed) ... that's pretty much toast.

--------------------
www.pixelsagas.com
www.jaynz.info - The Record of Star Fleet

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Go on a tell me 'bout Tallia- I can take it.
Just imagine David Warner's voice coming out of her body and you get the picture.

As for the golden age GL, as far as I know he's not in the DCAU continuity.

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Creepy- poor talia.
I did not mean the golden age GL was still kicking around personally- just that someone would have the magic lantern and ring.
The original GL is not connected to the green Lantern Corps like that kid on JLU was.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

Yeah, I get what you meant, but since the golden age GL isn't in continuity then there'd be no magic ring for anyone to inherit. I could make it up, but that would smack of cheating. Besides, designing GLs has never really appealed to me as there's already millions of the buggers.

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Yeah but the old GL is not-strictly speaking- a Green Lantern: it's not a related power source and he never was part of their organization or anything.

Back to Ragman- he's a crazy cool supernatural character with a great backstory that could be easily adapted to the future setting.

So could Firefly (bad guy) for that matter, as he's already a high-tech powered character.

Ohhhh....how 'bout a new Bane? They never did him right in the animated series.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

Well, as a rule I'm trying to avoid retreading old ground as it's something Bruce Timm & co made a point of doing. So Bane and Firefly are out. Ragman...I'm honestly not very up on comic books, so I had to look that one up and the design just doesn't grab me - looks a bit too much "The Mummy" meets "The Spectre". What I'll probably do is sketch up a bunch on concepts and assign original characters to them, rather than trying to think of a character first.

As for Alan Scott, I realise they've shoe horned him back in, post-crisis, but I think a different kind of GL would be too confusing and I'm trying to keep the characters something that could plausibly turn up in Timm's continuity. I might have a stab at re-envisioning Jade though, of I pretended Scott was an actual GL in the time between Rayner,Stewart & Kai-ro. Perhaps if the mother was a GL too, something weird could have happened during conception to imbue her with the ring's abilities.

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Alan Scott also has a fairly nutty son named Obsidian with darkness/teleport powers for that light/dark sibling thing.

You could even give DC continuity a nod in some new character's background- some reporter working for Tyler Chemicals or the Gotham Broadcasting Company for example.

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

Well I'm framing this little pocket of indulgence (since that's all it is really) against the backdrop of a "No Man's Land" type scenario, set some 30 years post "Batman Beyond" (that's 15 years after the JLU "Epilogue") so there aren't exactly going to be allot of news agencies or corporations functioning. See here for the long version.

As for Obsidian; I'm reasonably sure they used a version of him in JLU already.

--------------------

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

Just did a quick colouring piece the other day that turned into three slightly different images:-
White Phoenix, White/Green Phoenix and of course Dark Phoenix.

Not on topic I know, but bugger it, it's my chuffin' thread so I can post whatever I like! [Wink]
Might as well make it my official "ooh look what I posted on DeviantArt" thread.

--------------------

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*points*

There, how's that? [Wink]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Rev, Jean looks great iin those but the cat eyes on the Dark version are distracting- go with the "empty" look and it'll be a showstopper.

Maybe even have a bit of flame coming from her eyes on the dark version.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

quote:
Originally posted by Fabrux:
*points*

There, how's that? [Wink]

It'll do. [Wink]

quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
Rev, Jean looks great iin those but the cat eyes on the Dark version are distracting- go with the "empty" look and it'll be a showstopper.

Maybe even have a bit of flame coming from her eyes on the dark version.

I thought I fixed the eyes already...bugger. *hammer hammer* *saw saw* *ping*
Done.
As for adding flames; that would be rude. Generally colourists aren't supposed to alter the original drawing. Besides, flames would drown out the face.

--------------------

This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps