Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Reverend's Art Thread (Page 12)

This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15   
Author Topic: Reverend's Art Thread
WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:

Incidently and off-topic, Marvel has brought back the remaining Spaceknights in their excellent Anihilation/Conquest/ Guardians of The Galaxy books.
Poor saps, they got all "Phalanxed" but I think they got all better after Ultron got gacked.

From what I have picked up on, only a portion/squadron of the Spaceknights were actually infected with the Phalanx virus and I believe they were released along with the other 'Selects' when Ultron got nuked. I would love to see some ongoing stories with those Galadorian Galoots. BTW, you interested in a series synopsis when I get it completed?

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sure- you mean a Rom series synopsis?
Dont forget the connection between the Skrulls and the Wraiths or Rom suckering Galactus that time.
That was funny.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Taking a break from the spandex crowd: Liz Sherman

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And back to the spandex crowd: Wolverine

--------------------

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

...and back the other way again: Abe, Hellboy & Liz

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice takes on the BPRD gang: my favorite comics group just now- your Liz looks tough and attractive without looking like a pin-up model.
A tough distinction in the comics field, IMHO.

Gotta say, I like your look for Hellboy a LOT more than the crap animation style used for the animated movies- for the life of me I cant figure out why they went with that lame animation studio instead of the guys that animate the hilarious Screw-On Head cartoon- that was as though they had animated Mignola's artwork itself.

But I rant.

The Woverine is okay but it's a bit of a peeve of mine when artists give his claws a curve- they're unbreakable and need to retract into his forearms so a curved blade is not a good idea.
Still, better than Rob Lifield's awful version- Wolverine's claws were both much longer than his forearms and taller than the thickness of his wrist!

As long as you're on a BPRD kick, how about Johan (the guy with the transaparant baloon-like body) or Roger the homonculus.

Martian Manhunter and Starman would both be very cool as well.
(Starman being one of my favorite characters, after all)

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

Given that I'm a colourist, I'm rather dependent on the skills of better artists who can actually draw and so far I've yet to find a black and white rendering of Johan that I like. Have to say though, I rather prefer the design used in the movie to the human balloon animal.

Same rule applies to the bendy claws, that's just the way the guy drew it.

Which version of Starman do you mean? I gather there's several of them. As for J'onn, I know I shouldn't but I rather like the newer design they're using for him.

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

The most recent design for the Manhunter is a charred corpse- he got immolated in Final Crisis.

I keep forgetting that you're the colorist and not drawing as well- please pass along my compliments.
Your coloring on the Liz Sherman piece is really what makes it look so cool, BTW. [Wink]

You should google up some inked pages and practice on them, then print them, then ge yourself to Megacon, then get yourself a job in the comics field.
All so you can eventually become Editor In Chief at Marvel and appoint me Continuity Editor.

I'll insist that the artists start drawing guys like Dum-dum Dugan and reed Richards at their proper ages!

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You might try Comic Art Fans

Lots of good (and some not so good) work and ORIGINALS.

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
The most recent design for the Manhunter is a charred corpse- he got immolated in Final Crisis.

I keep forgetting that you're the colorist and not drawing as well- please pass along my compliments.
Your coloring on the Liz Sherman piece is really what makes it look so cool, BTW. [Wink]

You should google up some inked pages and practice on them, then print them, then ge yourself to Megacon, then get yourself a job in the comics field.
All so you can eventually become Editor In Chief at Marvel and appoint me Continuity Editor.

I'll insist that the artists start drawing guys like Dum-dum Dugan and reed Richards at their proper ages!

Yeah I heard DC are killing everyone off lately. I'm sure they'll all be back again...and again. Still, I was referring to that blue, high collared, full length costume. Something about the bare legged and mostly bare chest look that never sat right with me. Of course technically being a shape shifter he's naked all the time anyway, but that doesn't mean he can't have some style.

quote:
Originally posted by WizArtist II:
You might try Comic Art Fans

Lots of good (and some not so good) work and ORIGINALS.

I've had a look on that site before and mostly it seams to be built around actioning off original artwork. As a result, not many of the well drawn inks are posted in a high enough resolution to be viable for colouring.

--------------------

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

Another pair of character designs: Catwoman & Catgirl
(Not hugely imaginative names, I know.)

--------------------

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

Getting back to colouring mutants...
Armor (WIP)
Dazzler (WIP)

I'm probably going to need some harsh criticism on these since I'm not familiar with either of these characters and I'm depending on whatever reference pics I could unearth with a 5 min google session.

--------------------

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

Had to redo Dazzler due to a poorly timed BSOD (bloody thing crashed as I was saving!) I think it's better for it though.

--------------------

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

Everybody's favourite boring git: Scott Summers/Cyclops
Not finished yet, but if I waited until this series of pics are done before posting then I probably wouldn't be posting anything until sometime next spring! [Wink]

--------------------

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

Here's something for Cowboy Bebop fans only. [Wink]

--------------------

This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps