Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Reverend's Art Thread (Page 3)

This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  13  14  15   
Author Topic: Reverend's Art Thread
Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
B or C, with a tendancy towards B. The WB series never had a problem with showing just, literally, the whites of their eyes. The Robin-green thing will also fly, but the origianl Robins also had white eyes, so...

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anything but "C"

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not so sure about "A", "B" is traditional and goes with Terry, "C" just looks too odd, and "D" is too Catwoman-like. I'd go with traditional "B".

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've seen very very little of the show, so I may be out of my league here, but what about B with the eyes colored green?
Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From a realism standpoint, visible eyes might not be a good idea because people recognise eyes.
Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe, but after all that time, you'd think people would put together Clark Kent and Superman as the same person. (Not that the voice is already a dead give-away... which applies to Batman as well)

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

jX
Member # 1201

- posted      Profile for jX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What? Clark Kent is Superman? I'd never have guessed. The glasses change his face so radically... [Smile]
Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

Well, I meant the fictional characters in the DCU who couldn't figure out Superman and Clark Kent are the same guy or with any other character with a secret identity.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
About the Batman thing, I seem to remember in the Animated Adventures that Bruce would make his voice more gruff and mean as Batman.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well technically it's Batman who makes his voice higher and less gruff when he's acting as Bruce. [Wink]

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In regards to the eye's, despite an overwhelming lead for option 'B' in the votes I've gathered from 4 boards, I'm going to defy democracy and stick with what I've got, with the option of switching to 'A' when the visor is turned off (sort of a HUD).

From a character standpoint Max isn't the most obviously capable in the fisticuffs department so I'm speculating that her role is more stealth, info gathering and spying. Presumably watching Terry's back and coordinating with Bruce back at the cave. Sort of an Oracle type role, but with her own costume and not stuck in a wheelchair.

As for the other costume possibilities...I just couldn't resist the design challenge. [Wink]

-
 -

--------------------

Kazeite
Member # 970

- posted      Profile for Kazeite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm... I think that this HawkGirl-ish mask should be changed. It just... doesn't suit Robin.

Also, change the shape of the wings. Make it less bat-like. Robin should have it's own style.

But other than that, I like it. [Smile]

--------------------
"Do I remember about my amnesia?"

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Nightwing costume is very ninja like.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

Ok, had a few spare minutes so I threw these two new "what if" character designs together.
The first is "What if Dick Grayson is still around?"

-

and the second is "What if he join the GL corp"

-

--------------------

This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  13  14  15   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.