Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Reverend's Art Thread (Page 8)

This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  13  14  15   
Author Topic: Reverend's Art Thread
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...well at least for Shik, that's an improvement.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not if it's the "Juniors" section. [Wink]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now now.

--------------------

Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel Butler's Butler's manservant's brother's sister's nextdoor neighber's mother's frn'ech poodle's postalman (who works for the Butler's Brother, The Professor, in the Lbrary. With the candlestick:
*rolls eyes* People, please! Bookmark the image location! *rolls eyes again*

How do i do that? *glances down the thread*

oh. Cool!

*adds ReverendTrigster to his Deviant Art links*

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

...a few months later and I've done a few more model sheets; Flash, Nightstar, Flamebird, Wonder Girl, Batgirl-Beyond (yet again), Green Arrow and Enya...I mean Raven

I don't actually plan these things ahead of time, I just get inspired by something and do them off the cuff. Most took less than an hour to put together and I think it shows.
Believe it or not I have attempted a few male character designs, but I can't hook onto anything that appeals to me. Call me a perv, but I find the idea of drawing arse kicking young girls dressed in skin tight far more appealing than drawing men of a similar vocation. I have a few ideas though...

--------------------

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looking good, Kris. [Smile]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

...and I've been so bored this week I've done two more.
Huntress
Spoiler

I really should finish the Apollo or something but all those windows make me sleepy.

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Hunt hunt hunt, she's the Huntress...."

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:

LOL! That's the first thing that came to my mind, too!

And "Spoiler"? What, does she go around saying things like "Vader is Luke's father!" and "The chick in The Crying Game is a man!"?

But nice work on the art! I imagine it's rather difficult to come up with different enough faces to make them easily distinguishable.

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

Hey I don't name these things, I just design them!
Though if my very limited comic book knowledge is right, Spoiler was the daughter of some supervillan and would go out and interfere with (or "spoil") his heists. Though to be honest when I first heard the name, my thoughts were more towards her being a speedster. Because, you know that thing on the back of fast cars.

And yes, in this minimalist style it's very hard to make the face look distinct. Raven for instance was an absolute nightmare! Must have gone through ten iterations before I settled on something that didn't look like Marilyn Manson doing a "Madonna dressed as Alice Cooper" impersonation. Seriously, it was weird.

I still think Spoiler looks more like Sarah Michelle Gellar than the character in the comics, but I can't seam to fix it. Huntress was easy as she's supposed to be the daughter of an existing character (two existing characters actually), so I at least had a place to start.

quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:

What's that from?

--------------------

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Freakazoid. It was actually "Hunt hunt hunt he's the Huntsman!" A crime fighting type character that never actually got to do anything.

:edit: Ah, here we go! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPbIiLrNGZo

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

Ah. I think that show was a little after my time.

--------------------

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aren't you the same age as me? That show was on when I was a kid...

--------------------

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

I'm 26, for what it's worth. Of course it's possible it just wasn't on over here, or I had stopped watching kid's tv by that point. Being a country boy, I only even watched telly before dinner when it was simply too cold/wet/dark to be out and about, so maybe it was on during the summer when I spent most of my time in the woods, up the track or out on the plain. I was very outdoorsy as a child.

--------------------

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

I'm 24 and Freakazoid was just about on the edge of being past my time but not quite. Doesn't mean I watched it, though... *shrug*

--------------------

This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  13  14  15   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps