Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Reverend's Art Thread (Page 9)

This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15   
Author Topic: Reverend's Art Thread
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah Freakazoid, my time!
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Fabrux:
I'm 24 and Freakazoid was just about on the edge of being past my time but not quite. Doesn't mean I watched it, though... *shrug*

Well there you go. At that age 2 years can make all the difference. [Wink]

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here. A Freakazoid episode with not only the Huntsman but with Fatman & Boy Blubber and Fanboy!
These are all on DVD now and well worth buying. [Cool]

The Huntress was originally an "Earth 2" character and was the daughter of Batman and Catwoman- she was romanticly involved with Dick Grayson (in his adult Robin persona with longpants) and they operated out of the batcave after Batman died.
DC revamped the Huntress character back in the 80's and gave her a new origin- her character on the Justice League Unlimited series was one of the best -and she played opposite The Question (voiced by trek's Jeffrey Coombs).

...and now you know the rest of the backstory!

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting. That show was done by Dini and Timm as well (same blokes behind allot of the the DC animated shows.) I wonder if their involvment in this Freakazoid had anything to do with this character appearing on Batman.

--------------------

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Reverend:
Interesting. That show was done by Dini and Timm as well (same blokes behind allot of the the DC animated shows.) I wonder if their involvment in this Freakazoid had anything to do with this character appearing on Batman.

Actually, yes. From what I've read, Dini and Timm were at odds with Spielberg over the tone that Freakazoid should take. Dini and Timm wanted it to be a more action-oriented series with less humor; Spielberg wanted less action and more humor. Dini and Timm eventually left Freakazoid, and their ideas eventually got used in Batman as the character of the Creeper.

--------------------
"Kirito? I killed a thing and now it says I have XPs! Is that bad? Am I dying?"

-Asuna, Episode 2, Sword Art Online Abridged

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Reverend:
I'm 26, for what it's worth. Of course it's possible it just wasn't on over here, or I had stopped watching kid's tv by that point.

quote:
Originally posted by Fabrux:
I'm 24 and Freakazoid was just about on the edge of being past my time but not quite. Doesn't mean I watched it, though... *shrug*

[Eek!] [Confused] The show was on from 1995-1997 (I'm 34 now and was 21 when it started). IMO, you had to be *at least* in high school to get all the jokes. My college roommates & I loved watching this (& Animaniacs). Even my wife loves quoting this stuff to this day! It really confuses the kids when she starts singing "Runs around in underwear"! [Big Grin]
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

You don't have to get all the jokes to enjoy a cartoon, although there's probably a certain age range between childhood and adolescence where immature cartoon no longer appeals and the more mature references fly over one's head. Personally, as I said I simply stopped watching kid's TV at a certain point, which is probably why I missed this one.

Getting back on topic, I've designed my first villain: Duela Dent

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Back to Freakazoid!, His nemesis was a Kahn knock off- voiced my Ricardo Montablan himself!

Nothing like hearing him do the "Kahn" voice: "He tasks me!"

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

And back to my scribblings...
Azrael

--------------------

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And here I was expecting an orange cat.... [Roll Eyes]

Nice work, though! What's the... thing.... on his mouth?

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

I think the technical term is a "mask".

Orange cat?

--------------------

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

The cat in the Smurfs cartoon? Come on, man!
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

Again with my cartoon ignorance! Never really saw the smurfs.
The first thing that comes to mind when I hear the name Azrael is an old PS1 game called "Space Hulk". Mostly because the Marines were constantly walking into walls and getting each others way. To whit came the response: "Azrael, get out of my way!"

As for the red design on the mask, it's something featured in several of Az's MANY costumes though I'll be buggered if I can guess at it's significance. In a nutshell it's a combination of this design, with elements of this and a chunk of this drawing by Craig Rousseau which I coloured some years ago as a test.

--------------------

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

P.S. I updated the Duela Dent costume. I thought it best to give her an overcoat since a cosplayer girl decided to make the costume for herself and I have no with to be blamed for anyone catching their death of cold! Plus it looks cool.

--------------------

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

P.P.S. I also fiddled with and came up with a slightly altered version of Carrie Kelly/Robin Beyond

--------------------

This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.