Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Space Station design (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Space Station design
Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Minutiae Man encouraged me to post about this here. I was hired to Pocket Books to design a TOS-era space station for a new book series. You can read a bit about it here: http://www.psiphi.org/cgi/upc-db/ (See the Dec 27 update)

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

Evolved
Member # 389

- posted      Profile for Evolved     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats! How did you happen upon this opportunity?
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats mate! It's definatly more detailed than what you usually produce, hopefully the cover will do it justice.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
COool. I look forward to seeing it.

Man, Pocket REALLY needs new cover artists: the cover for the newest SCE book has the very worst cover I've ever seen on a Trek book.
Seriously, it's a horrible composition of a Sabre and Steamrunner (obviously taken from the publicity shots we've all seen) rendered in VERY sloppy oil paint.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Pocket Books editor, Marco Palmieri, is a fan of the Starfleet Museum, so was familiar with my work. I had to draw the station with more detail than I usually do, since I knew from the outset that it was going to be the basis of a computer model. I've seen the artwork for the cover: it's a render by Doug Drexler and looks pretty cool.

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOah. Insanely-cool.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, congratulations. That's a nice design, and I look forward to seeing it on a bookshelf soon. [Smile]

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd seen the interview between you and someone else about that (can't remember where), just forgot to congratulate you. Maybe I was just trying to get over my insane jealousy... [Big Grin]

B.J.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That little bit of green starting under my fingernails is just the jealousy starting to kick in. Pay it no mind.

That's a great station design though. Superfly.

And Jason, you're right about that cover. Wow. Maybe I should send them a sample packet... I may actually have a prayer if that's what they're going with these days.

MarianLH
Member # 1102

- posted      Profile for MarianLH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Woot! Congradulations! Someone at Pocket Books must be a fan of the Museum. Nice design work too, as usual.

As for recent cover art, I thought the artwork on Ex Machina was very nice.

Marian

Kazeite
Member # 970

- posted      Profile for Kazeite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, congrats to you as well!

(psst - don't forget to draw a crowd of tiny Flarites waving from windows [Wink] )

--------------------
"Do I remember about my amnesia?"

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ehm, ehm, ehm, SPLUNGE! I'm not being indecisive!
Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

Thanks!

I will promise to try to remember all the little people I stepped on to reach my present exalted position.

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WD Masao!

Just a little tangent... that Strange New Worlds contest... what catagorey is "Speculations"?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been wondering about that too
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps