Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Space Station design (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Space Station design
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like no one knows! [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

FawnDoo
Member # 1421

- posted      Profile for FawnDoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I recall correctly from the last SNW anthology I picked up, the "speculations" category is basically a bit of a free for all where writers can put together a story set in the Trek universe, but not necessarily constrained by the settings of any of the series.

One story, for example, showed us the crew of the USS Enterprise NCC 1701-Infinity travelling the universe. Another showed us galactic history from the perspective of the Horta and was interesting enough.

I think the speculation section of the books is an interesting way to widen the scope of the contest a little...though IMO the quality of the stories in SNW has slipped in recent years - some of the ones in the last anthology I thought were just plain dull to be honest, not far above the usual "shuttle crash" level of drama you get on some televised trek.

Of course, sorry if I've misunderstood the question and made myself look somewhat foolish! :-)

Cheers

FD

--------------------
Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, that's explained it - thanks.

Enterprise Infinity... oh boy. :I

[Big Grin]

--------------------

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That makes sense, but as I understood it, the story still had to include an established Star Trek character.
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.psiphi.org/images/1416507744-big.jpg

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's nice, but once you click on the link, for some reason, it brings up the thumbnail pic instead.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
type "-big" right before ".jpg" in your browser to see the big one.

Is that Fleet old School for the Font? The registry on the 1701 looks a little off. Is this the render by Drexler?

The design is way cool Masao -- congrats on finally going big time!

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Drexler did the render, but I don't know what font he uses.

By the way, Charles Casimiro sent me a link for a TOS hull font he calls Airborne: http://home.earthlink.net/~casimiro/airborne.html
A mac version is available here: http://home.earthlink.net/~casimiro/airborne.mtt.bin

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The CGI doesnt do the design justice IMO. Mabye because they used an awful stock nebula for the background.
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is that a Conestoga and a Botany Bay on the pylons?
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

Noice. [Smile]

Just something about the middle 'pylons' - they look reminiscent of the Species 8472 ships for some reason! [Smile] Maybe too "organic" for TOS?

Nice though, congrats Masao. [Smile]

--------------------

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wes: Yeah, I've seen that nebula, or one similar to it, in lots of fan CGI renders. But it might be pretty new for book covers.

Andrew: I'm pretty sure I wasn't influenced by Species 8472 ships. The pylons are mostly straitght lines, other than the slightly curved "webbing" between them.

Thanks, guys!

--------------------

Griffworks
Member # 1014

- posted      Profile for Griffworks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I realize I'm coming in to this really, really late, but then it's never too late to kiss up, right...? [Big Grin]

Great job, Masao! I really like the basic design layout on that w/the docking ring around the "middle" like the TMP Office Complex and Regula One stations. Nice bit of continuity! Proportions look good, too.

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That does look great. Congratulations, Masao.
Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

Thanks, guys!

Griff, no reason to kiss up to me. I'm just a hired hand.

--------------------

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps