Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Just a little make-work project.... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Just a little make-work project....
Makotokat
Member # 1041

- posted      Profile for Makotokat         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Something I've been tinkering with in my spare time....

----sorting server problems----

Made in Truespace, Pre-TOS style.....

[ February 08, 2005, 01:32 PM: Message edited by: Makotokat ]

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I see nothing.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Makotokat
Member # 1041

Exceeded my bandwidth it says.....haven't used that server before....
Makotokat
Member # 1041

Rogers Yahoo is useless.....
Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So your make work project is finding a server, good for you.

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

Makotokat
Member # 1041

here it is, where I have upload rights....
Bridge Commander Universe

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
good grief... those signature graphics are big. I wonder how long the pages take to load on dial-up...

The layout of te bridge is ok, but I think it needs more detail. The controls don't really look Earth Starfleet-ish.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

MarianLH
Member # 1102

- posted      Profile for MarianLH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting. Kind of modern-warshipish in that there's no specific seat for the captain. Or did I miss it?

I always wondered where the XO sat on TOS ships that didn't happen to combine the job with Science Officer...

Marian

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MarianLH:
Interesting. Kind of modern-warshipish in that there's no specific seat for the captain. Or did I miss it?

I always wondered where the XO sat on TOS ships that didn't happen to combine the job with Science Officer...

Marian

The XO would sit at his/her station be it at Navigation, Tactical, Helm, or whatever. You remember Number One from the very first pilot?

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could serve as a Deadalus bridge (if you subscribe to the smaller scale version of the ship, anyways).

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Makotokat
Member # 1041

I'm re-jigging it a bit at the moment, will place the XO at the tactical station.
MarianLH
Member # 1102

- posted      Profile for MarianLH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dat:
The XO would sit at his/her station be it at Navigation, Tactical, Helm, or whatever. You remember Number One from the very first pilot?

You're assuming the job of XO is always combined with another one. I suppose that's one way to go, but it doesn't appeal to me.

Marian

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
remember Will Decker though -- after Spock came on board as sci officer, Decker , as exec, ended up wandering around coaching everybody, standing near whichever officer was performing a function ordered.
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very few bridges actually had room for an exec sitting around. Intrepids, Sovereigns and Galaxies have some extra seats, but all the redresses of the movie bridge lacked a comfy XO seat.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mabye XO is best served coordinating the various departments, evaluating crew performance and actually managing the daily functions of the ship (as Riker did) when there was not an emergency or he/she did not have the bridge-watch to kjeep them occupied.

After all, the Captain's gotta have time set aside to mack on the ladies.

It's in the Starfleet Charter. [Wink]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps