Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » New class and an alternate galaxy class from TNG (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: New class and an alternate galaxy class from TNG
Lobo
Member # 669

- posted      Profile for Lobo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello everbody! [Smile]
I made 2 new ships:
the first is a new class (no name yet):
 -
[IMG][/IMG]

Yes, the nacelles aren't an error in the picture. [Wink] Maybe I will meld them together at the end, so that the necalles are one unit.

The second one is a alternative galaxy class from TNG episode "Yesterdays Enterprise".
 -

actually the first ship looks like a bended and jolted so sovereign...

Lobo

--------------------
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die..."

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice, but I'll have to see side views before I'm convinced. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

David Sands
Member # 132

- posted      Profile for David Sands     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They both look nice. On an aesthetic note, did you forget to put lines representing the boundaries of the panels in the center section of the saucer section on alternative Galaxy class?

I wouldn't mind reading a write up on the technological advantages of curved nacelles. (Unless there's some ENT episode out there that talks about this and I've missed, having not had the chance to watch an episode yet.)

And I agree with Lee. I'd like to see the side views as well.

Good work so far!

--------------------
"Warfare is the greatest affair of state, the basis of life and death, the Tao to survivial or extinction. It must be thoroughly pondered and analyzed."

"...attaining one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the pinnacle of excellence. Subjugating the enemy's army without fighting is the true pinnacle of excellence."

-Sun Tzu, The Art of War, 6th century B.C.E.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They both look really nice, though I can't say I'm a fan of the curved nacelles. It kind of looks like how the nacelles on the Micro-machine starships always ended up looking.

The Galaxy alternate rocks. Are you going to shorten the length of the neck to make it even more aggressive looking?

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The first ship reminds me of the ship from Galaxy Quest... that and something of a throwback to the Vulcan ships in Enterprise.

The second one really is amazing... sideviews please!

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm blown away by the Galaxy alternative.
I'd add phaser strips to the nacelle pylons though (it may already be on the vertical risers though)- those two tiny ones seem...er...tiny.

No so much with the curved nacelles though.
looks like the Soverign's secondary hull being pulled into a black hole.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, my thoughts on the curved nacelles was a distortion field like on that Voyeur episode.

I like the Alt+Galaxy too.

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Alt Galaxy is beautiful. Though I would have to ask why two phaser strips on each side of the saucer section and none on the bow?
Griffworks
Member # 1014

- posted      Profile for Griffworks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Love that Galaxy upgrade! Sort of looks as if you have the saucer somewhat leaned forward...?

Sorry, but not so keen on the first design. Can't please all the folks all the time tho, right....

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Design 2: The phasers on the engineering section seem to be partially obstructed by the saucer, wouldn't they serve a better fire arc if they actually began where they end now, and continue backwards?

A very bold design decision to double the sets of phaser strips on the saucer, I take it this ship can fire more than one phaser at a time? [Smile]

If the saucer is a little bit longer with this outer casing and if the nacelles are angled backwards instead of forwards, this design could well be 50-80 meters longer than the original Galaxy, no? Say 700 meters to the old 642?

I think this thing would have a fair chance at taking out Shinzon's pile of ship without resorting to ramming.

I'm really interested in seeing a sideview of that thing.

Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nim':
Design 2: The phasers on the engineering section seem to be partially obstructed by the saucer, wouldn't they serve a better fire arc if they actually began where they end now, and continue backwards?

some of the those phaser strips were probably placed with a separation in mind as far as angles of fire are concerned.

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How about making those phasers extend further aft? And I would still add a phaser strip at the forward end of the saucer where you've got the empty space.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is everyone being sarcastic!?! [Smile] I don't see any pics or any links.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Check our browser settings or use the "quote" feature on Lobo's post to get the URL nad past it in the address bar.

..and how dare you slander us by insinuating we would resort to sarcasm!
You sir, are a cad.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Lobo
Member # 669

- posted      Profile for Lobo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi!
First of all thanks for your replies!
And I have to say sorry cause I don't have I-Net at home at the moment. I need to go online in Uni., so I can't immediately reply to your commens/questiosn.
To the "bended nacelle" ship:
I was trying to make a harmonic looking ship no edges (at least not much) as you can see the ship fit's to an ellipse. A "monolithic system".
quote:
Originally posted by Aban Rune:

The Galaxy alternate rocks. Are you going to shorten the length of the neck to make it even more aggressive looking?

Well actually I wanted to make the neck longer but I will try both versions.

quote:
Originally posted by Vice-Admiral Michael T. Colorge:

The second one really is amazing... sideviews please!

Thanks, i am working on a sideview(s). I just have a silhouette of the sideview how it could look like.

quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
I'm blown away by the Galaxy alternative.
I'd add phaser strips to the nacelle pylons though (it may already be on the vertical risers though)- those two tiny ones seem...er...tiny.

Thanks, I will look what I can do...don't want to make the ship too overpowered...in the other hand it's more a warship...I will try to add decent some more.

quote:
Originally posted by Dat:
How about making those phasers extend further aft? And I would still add a phaser strip at the forward end of the saucer where you've got the empty space.

Yes, a good idea...i had no idea what i can place in this empty space.^^ Oh or maybe a bigger(as the small ones on the ori. Ent-D) nav. deflector for the saucer...

For the next ship I want to make an asymetric saucer/primary hull...( i know, i know)

I will post the new pics here as soon as possible.

bye
Lobo

--------------------
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die..."

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps