Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » USS Excalibur bridge once again. (Page 2)

This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  12  13  14   
Author Topic: USS Excalibur bridge once again.
Kazeite
Member # 970

- posted      Profile for Kazeite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyway, here's my latest creation... Well, more like proof of a concept design - I wanted to see whether something like this could be done from scratch.

-

What do you think? Is the height sufficient for your tastes?

--------------------
"Do I remember about my amnesia?"

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It looks likes it's based off the Brattain's bridge layout.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm..what's with the big window thing between that rear room and the raised part where the (presumably) the captain's chair is located?

It looks really small to me (based on the height of the steps leading to the raised portion and the height of that doorway).
Smaller than the Defiant's bridge even- though it's tough to be certain without more visual references (like furniture).

I say it's either a battle-bridge or the ship's barber's shop (with shampoo sinks in that rear room and a barbar's chair centrally positioned).

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, in terms of furniture, you can see the outline on the floor of a sit-down console (like conn or ops on the E-D).

As for the window, I'm guessing it will have an MSD or something that can be viewed from both sides.

Captain Serek
Member # 1038

- posted      Profile for Captain Serek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kazeite,it does look like you are attempting the Brattain bridge, a very complex and complicated bridge. It looks like you are off to a good start. I am impressed that you are starting a complex bridge like that. I rank that one as complex as the Sutherland. Anyway, it looks like you are off to a good start.

--------------------
I've come a long way for the power of Genesis, and what do I find? A Square Pegs reject, another actress playing Saavik, and Leonard Nimoy's stand-in.

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sutherland isn't complex as much as it is challenging, due to its pele-mele layout and the simple fact that there really aren't good shots of how it's arranged. Br!ttain, on the other hand, IS a genuinely complex bridge IMO with multiple levels, hidey holes and station sizes. Kudos to Kazeite for tackling this one!

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Captain Serek
Member # 1038

- posted      Profile for Captain Serek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought Kazeite would do an easier bridge, like Sisko's Saratoga or the Righteous, to name two. I stand corrected on the complexity of the Sutherland bridge. If Kazeite's Brattain is as good as his Excalibur, I will praise him now and avoid the Christmas rush.

--------------------
I've come a long way for the power of Genesis, and what do I find? A Square Pegs reject, another actress playing Saavik, and Leonard Nimoy's stand-in.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm...I'm intrested to see how this looks completed but the overall layout seems...
very ill concieved.

It does not seem to match the Miranda class at all either.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Kazeite
Member # 970

- posted      Profile for Kazeite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok...

That "big window thing" is... well, big window thing. Yeah, I'm confused too. I don't know, maybe it was redress of Enterprise-A transporter room?

And, I have decided that it is kinda flat, so I've increased the height.

(And yes, it is Brattain bridge [Smile] )

And, finally, here's some progress report:
 -
No, I am not going to make Saratoga bridge, because we already have it it two versions - as USS Prometheus bridge and Romulan Warbird Bridge. This looks like a job for photoshoppers [Smile]

--------------------

Captain Serek
Member # 1038

Kazeite, perosonally, photoshopping the Saratoga bridge would look cheesy. I think it deserves the treatment as does all of the other bridges the Fact Files did not do. Yes it has been done in a couple of variations, but you can create the definitive version as you are the Brattain. I am still very impressed and blown away by your skills. I would rather see a quality bridge from you than some cheesy photoshop manip unless the guy is at your level or better. You, sir, have officially set the bar higher with your Excalibur bridges. This is not idle flattery, this is genuine appreciation of hard work and sweat. I am officially spoiled on your bridges.

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Any chance you could mod the basic Amby bridge to be more militaristic to go with my Spartan (In that thread)?
It's an Amby bridge after all, I just think that mission profile would determine the layout more than any stock configuration.

I also think your idea that the Brittain bridge was a transporter room set is right on the money.

Mabye that rear area is ued for stellar cartography charting (with the "window" serving as the holographic display- just not activated in the episode or illustration).

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Captain Serek
Member # 1038

I also have a good list of bridges I would love to see done in the 3D isometric format that Kazeite is doing. Of course, I am patient. The Brattain bridge is off to a very good start and I can not rave enough about the Excalibur bridges. I figure if I do not get greedy and ask nicely and wait, wait, wait, my goals will be achieved anyway.

--------------------

Kazeite
Member # 970

Jason, I suppose I could mod Amby bridge for your Spartan. What changes specifically do you have in mind?

(And, no, upon seeing TUC transporter room screencaps I can see that I was wrong about that. The basic idea is the same, true, but execution is completely different)

--------------------

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always thought that the TUC transporter room was just the Ent-D set with a big window stuck in it to make it look different.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

quote:
Originally posted by Kazeite:
Jason, I suppose I could mod Amby bridge for your Spartan. What changes specifically do you have in mind?

I was thinking of a tactically-oriented version: mabye with the upper level being all tactical displays and a raised captain's chair with the secondary seats habing prominant consoles.

Really, your work is so good that I'd like you to get creative with it: considering the overall side of the bridge complex, you could expand the size by eliminating the conference room or even the ready room.

I love the new version you made but I'd bring back the central captain's chair and the stairs to the tactical deck....and lose that forward console thingie.

Not that I'm getting pickey or anything. [Big Grin]

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  12  13  14   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps