Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » USS Excalibur bridge once again. (Page 4)

This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  12  13  14   
Author Topic: USS Excalibur bridge once again.
Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
this folder has more up to date floorplans with accurite scaleing

http://www-rnks.informatik.tu-cottbus.de/~tweimann/tmp/bridge-blueprints%20updated/

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like the secret is out. The full thread with occasional updates and new floorplans is at TrekBBS.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Captain Serek
Member # 1038

- posted      Profile for Captain Serek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not only 2D overheads but some 3D isometric views ala Fact Files/STM as well. As far as the secret being out, it was going to happen eventually.

--------------------
I've come a long way for the power of Genesis, and what do I find? A Square Pegs reject, another actress playing Saavik, and Leonard Nimoy's stand-in.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's that round thing in the Stargazer's ready room toilet? Captain's shower?
Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its his secret mini-turbolift [Big Grin]
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heheh down to the Sex-Deck. Yes, I'd say it's a Sonic Shower to fresh up the Captain before meeting with some sort of delegates or something.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

The Ginger Beacon
Member # 1585

- posted      Profile for The Ginger Beacon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I take it you mean this bridge, as opposed to this earlier version.

I reckon its both, so he can clean up after he gets back from the fiesta deck! [Wink]

--------------------
I have plenty of experience in biology. I bought a Tamagotchi in 1998... And... it's still alive.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, since only one of those has an extraneous round thing in the ready room head...

Though, I do wonder at the fact that the older one has a double sink in the one-toilet crew head.

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That was one thing I mentioned to the designer earlier on. It seemed to be feature in several of the older versions, but not so much anymore.

B.J.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oooooohhhh... I LIKE that Danube schematic. He's even got the swappable modules in there.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That Original Series style bridge constructor he created is pretty neat.

cmdr_tw does really good work.

Captain Serek
Member # 1038

- posted      Profile for Captain Serek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cmdr tw uses 640x480 dvd caps to make his bridges. He needs the Voyager series to complete things. He needs the following:
USS Equinox
USS Relativity
USS Prometheus
USS Rhode Island
I know we only saw Harry's head and an msd, but one can speculate and extract or diesgn something that looks logical for this ship.

--------------------
I've come a long way for the power of Genesis, and what do I find? A Square Pegs reject, another actress playing Saavik, and Leonard Nimoy's stand-in.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is the bridge I made from the link Siggy provided. I tried to upload the image to Flare Upload, however I was told "I don't know how to handle MIME types ending with 'bmp'. Please ask the administration for help." So I'm just providing a link to my own hosting ...

-

So ... entering the bridge from the rear turbolift, you've got the command stations dead ahead. Moving counter-clockwise: Environmental MSD; Captain's Ready Room & Private Head; Communications; Turbolift #2; Engineering; Weapons & Security; Ladder #1; Main Viewscreen; Ladder #2; Ship's Operations; Science Station 2; Turbolift #3; Primary Sciences; Bridge Crew Head, 2 stalls; Damage Control MSD.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think of text files, JPGs, PNGs, and GIFs are allowed on the upload site. If you used Paint to save that image, you have the option of saving it as a GIF (which will considerably reduce the size of your picture there). When the save file dialog box comes up, just change the file type setting.

As for the bridge, apparently you don't want a genetically engineered superhuman to be able to easily cut off all exits from the bridge. That's interesting using damage control and environmental MSDs instead of the usual type.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I *love* this guy's work - even his creative liberties get a thumbs-up from me. Except for the often-confusing number of turbolifts he has going to some of them (some have one lift for a bridge of twenty crew, others have two for a bridge complement of five), the guy's got a real talent for placement. And speed. I'd love to see his take on the Lakota's bridge...

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  12  13  14   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps