Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » A new Klingon battleship design. (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: A new Klingon battleship design.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This took forever for me to actually get off my butt and complete!
It's huge, ungainly and powerful- a nice compliment to the smaller, faster Vor'Cha battlecruiser.

My version:
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=1235443&uid=657989&members=1]http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p...57989&members=1

Here's the original 1400th scale model I started with.

There's a LOT of mods to the basic L'ntch kit: the obvious additions are new nacelles, a new bridge and rebuilt side hull panels (to cover the giant "vents" on the kit and to bulk up the ship a bit).
It's also got about a dozen greebles, a new lower deflector (like the VorCha) and some parts chopped off some Transformers Beast Wars toys that I bought cheap at a comic store.

Pardon the crappy pics- it's time for a better digital camera.

Opinions?

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice!

You've put a paint bottle under the model - now I can visualise the size of your models. Quite small - ever done a 1/2500th of a Runabout! Or how about the Chaffe? [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, I have several Runabouts and this crazy bastich made a Chaffe leaving his defiant class USS Wolf.

The klingon battleship I just completed is about 10" long.
The Defiant in this scale (linked) is about 2.8" long. [Big Grin]

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Bones McCoy
Member # 1480

- posted      Profile for Bones McCoy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(sigh)

Whenever i see something like this, it only reminds me of how lazy i am....

Stunning model!

--------------------
"Brave men are vertebrates: they have their softness on the outside, and their toughness in the middle"
-Lewis Carrol

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Thanks- I was pretty lazy with this model myself.
I sort of lost my muse for modeling for a few months and all that was needed to complete this ship was the addition of the nacelles.

I put off completing it because it seemed a hassle, but once I started painting the nacelles, it only took a couple of hours to finish and I'm happy with the model.

I've got about a hundred other pics of various ships at that site if you're intrested (yes, I'm an attention whore, I admit it).

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

David Sands
Member # 132

- posted      Profile for David Sands     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad you found your muse again, Jason. It looks great!

--------------------
"Warfare is the greatest affair of state, the basis of life and death, the Tao to survivial or extinction. It must be thoroughly pondered and analyzed."

"...attaining one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the pinnacle of excellence. Subjugating the enemy's army without fighting is the true pinnacle of excellence."

-Sun Tzu, The Art of War, 6th century B.C.E.

Ravenstar Studios
Member # 1120

- posted      Profile for Ravenstar Studios     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nicely done Jason , I really like your take on the model.
It's funny we are re-tooling the model and lots of Jasons changes are close to what changes have been made on the masters..
i really like people like Jason who take a model and make it thier own. well done.
chris

--------------------
Chris Lynch
www.Ravenstarstudios.com

Bones McCoy
Member # 1480

- posted      Profile for Bones McCoy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I notice one of the ships looks like a model i saw in a trek game i really liked... the name of the ship escapes me, but it was my favourite Klingon class in the game. Its sort of a beefed up D7. Really cool.

--------------------
"Brave men are vertebrates: they have their softness on the outside, and their toughness in the middle"
-Lewis Carrol

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Hmmm...I'd like to see it if you can dig up a link.

I have a bunch of parts just waiting good ideas.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Bones McCoy
Member # 1480

You've got it labelled "D 10 battlecruiser" and I think the game was Armada 2. Can't be more specific, sorry.

--------------------
-Lewis Carrol

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

The D-10 is an old FASA design that I added some TMP panels to as an update.
Armada II has a a lot of nice designs though.

Odd you should mention that: my CD was destroyed while moving apartments nad I'm bidding on a new copy of the game as we speak.

I used to play online against a friend in Tampa every week- I just loved decloaking my klingon fleet and wiping out his starbase. [Big Grin]

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Bones McCoy
Member # 1480

I was always too mesmerised with the models to be any good at it...

--------------------
-Lewis Carrol

Bones McCoy
Member # 1480

Ship models, that is.... ahem....

--------------------
-Lewis Carrol

Griffworks
Member # 1014

- posted      Profile for Griffworks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whatever happened to your Klingon ship that utilized the Furuta base for the secondary hull, Jason? I know it was sent of to be kitted, but what's the status on that one...?
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jason - weren't you going to do one of my OX-class ships? You know - the meld between the NX and the Daedelus?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.