Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » RotS Blockade Runner

Author Topic: RotS Blockade Runner
Irishman
Member # 1188

- posted      Profile for Irishman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I decided to try my hand at the Blockade Runner from Episode III. I had the Marincic orthos as a jumping off point, and worked out the basic form you see now.

Any suggestions on how I should proceed from here?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v81/Irishman/Ep3Tantiveside.gif

--------------------
This is just fun...it's not life...keep this in mind and we'll all enjoy it much more

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me like.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would really enjoy seeing the differences in the appearance of the Tantive IV from RotS and ANH. Its blue in RotS and red in ANH, correct? There's probably some greebly bits different as well...

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it implied in the novelization or script that this is THE Tantive IV seen subsequently? Wasn't Captain Antilles mentioned somewhere - I don't recall offhand...

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks bueatiful- I think there is some connections between the engines though.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Irishman
Member # 1188

- posted      Profile for Irishman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, it's still the basics here, Jason. I've got a lot of filling in to do. A lot of it will be conjecture.

I've got to work hard not to over-greeble her, though. The Tantive IV always had that battle-scarred, patched-and-repatched look to her. This earlier version seems to be taking her back to her showroom finish, so to speak.

--------------------
This is just fun...it's not life...keep this in mind and we'll all enjoy it much more

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmmm......I think Wst End Games has schematics of it online somewhere.
You look at StarWars.com for references?
STarshipmodeler.com would be a good place to check as well.

Looking real good so far though!

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Didn't the RoTS have no weapons? I mean the top centerline turbolasers?

--------------------
Matrix
If you say so
If you want so
Then do so

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Hmmm....I think it had everything but the (silly) cutaway book mentioned that the weapons were just props or some sill thing because Organa was a pacifist.

We had a nice scan of the ROTS version up here a few months back....search and ye shall find (assuming you were not the one that posted the scans in the first place, that is).

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

HerbShrump
Member # 1230

- posted      Profile for HerbShrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
[QB] Hmmm....I think it had everything but the (silly) cutaway book mentioned that the weapons were just props or some sill thing because Organa was a pacifist.

Which is why the Tantivie IV was shooting back at the Star Destroyer in A New Hope and why the personel on the ship had sidearms.

I thought it was silly of the cutaway book to say the weapons were dummies also. Someone here made a good point about how silly that would be, since those are places the enemy will INTENTIONALLY target.

"We're pacifists, we just don't want to LOOK like pacifists."

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Well, who would, really?

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://flare.solareclipse.net/ultimatebb.php/topic/9/295.html

I believe that's the thread you're thinking of. Though it just has the forward area of the ship.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Irishman
Member # 1188

I'm going to add the smaller turbolasers, and indicate that they fire stun bolts only. [Smile]

j/k

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.