Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Steamrunner Bridge Design (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Steamrunner Bridge Design
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Been working on this one for a little while off and on. As you can see, it's still quite the work in progress, and just pencil on paper at the moment.

-

1. Commanding Officer and Backup Displays (picture Defiant-Style flanking displays)
2. Conn
3. Ops
4. Emergency Egress Hatch to Deck 2
5. Main Viewer
6. EVA Airlock
7. EVA Prep and Equipment Storage
8. Officer's Head
9. Jeffries Tube Access
10. Conference Lounge
11. Storage Locker
12. Ready Room
13. Engineering
14. Aux. Systems
15. Master Systems and Status Display
16. Mission Ops
17. Science
18. Tactical
19. Communications
20. Turbolift

This is probably a slightly older design. Pre-TNG.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Really nice.

I'd make the EVA locker something else (backup battery power supply for example or mabye a small two-person transporter room like the unit on Runabouts).
After all, how much EVA do the bridhe personell really need to do?

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I figured it to be an emergency feature. But I like the idea of a transporter room and control panel.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
After all, how much EVA do the bridhe personell really need to do?

You never know when Borg may infiltrate your ship, set up shop in Main Engineering, start converting your deflector dish into a beacon for more Borg, and you're stuck on the Bridge and need to get outside now to stop them.

That's a really neat design, Aban.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks very good so far. Are those two steps going from the back to the front of the bridge, or is it one step and some carpet detailing?

B.J.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Sorry, I meant to mention that... the dark stripe around the outside edges and in front of the step is just carpet detailing. There's one shallow step down between the CO's chair level and the forward stations.

There are three steps down (though it should probably only be 2) as you exit aft to the conference lounge, head, and ready room. Then you step down again when you eneter any of those rooms. All the aft stuff is on a sunken level of deck one.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Toadkiller
Member # 425

- posted      Profile for Toadkiller     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Officer's Head? What do the (hypothetical?) crew members do, carry a bottle? [Smile]

Nice.

--------------------
Twee bieren tevreden, zullen mijn vriend betalen.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very nice. I'm a big fan of sunken rooms (my parents' living room is a sunken room).

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I'd swap the communications and tactical stations, just to make it look a little like the refit 1701 bridge.
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The doors are rather narrow, but overall the arrangement is great. Fits in nicely with the Steamrunner's more utilitarian look. [Smile]

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very nice Aban, people like you should work on the next (if there ever is) Trek!

Is that the shape of the Steamrunner bridge - I can't quite remember.

I like the way you have the ready room and obs lounge off the same 'corridor'. So the Jefferies Tube is the only OTHER way off the bridge? No ramp/steps?

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

The Steamrunner model was so sparse in details, I'm sure I'm taking liberties. But they can have different modules, I suppose. IIRC, though, this is the general shape on the model, minus the bubble on the side for the turbolift.

The floor hatch forward of the Conn/Ops station would serve as another way off the bridge in the event the lift broke down., but yah... I had kind of thought about putting a staircase along the aft wall of the observation lounge. It looks like a rather large room right now.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

omi
Member # 1695

- posted      Profile for omi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Really nice work. If you are doing this just in pencil...

You're right, the turbolift isn't fitting into the shape of outer hull, but if you don't care, it doesn't metter then.

I think tactical officer should have the view on the main viewer too.

May be the railing behind CO's chair is too wide.

If there is access to Jeffries tube, why there is another emergency hatch on the floor?

Visitors in ready room don't use chairs? They sit right on coach? [Smile]

--------------------
Graphic, design, concepts, starsihp intrior's layouts, font, wallpapers, DVD covers and more ... browse ST Projects.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love the turbolift there- it makes the bridge unique.
Mabye the access hatch is an emergency conn station with viewscreen- now there's something a starship could use.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

HerbShrump
Member # 1230

- posted      Profile for HerbShrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What about putting a bathroom off the Captain's Ready Room? Would seem like a perk for the captain instead of hiking across the bridge.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps