Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Pre-TMP Miranda (Page 5)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Pre-TMP Miranda
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah this really good bx, its so excellent its yummy.
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is easily my favourite take on the old "TOS era Miranda" idea. Although I think the deflector would look better if it was a wide distorted rectangular shape, with the sides straight and upper and lower edges bulging out.
The pod it attaches too would also benefit from a little beefing out.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pretty.

"Anyway it got me off my ass on this one and I sort of picked a name. U.S.S. Spinoza? NCC-1837? That OK?"

Yeah...I mean Lantree
--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually I sort of liked it being named Preliant, but Spinoza alright too I guess.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who says it has to become a standard Miranda?
 -
Er...I refer to the one on the right.
It's a Miranda hull with a sensor/deflector pod much like your deflector design and a pair of "saddlebag" sensor pods on the sides.

I have an extra Coventry hull (somewhere) and would love to build this design...
Not too keen on the name though. [Razz]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Thanks for the compliments. I should probably try to finish this one. Or maybe learn Lightwave. (Grrr, stupid old-brain) I've another view:

-

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think there should be a blue deflector crystal dome thingy - or what ever that is... that was introduced with the Refit Enterprise and it's era of ships - have something more TOS-y there. An Ion pod perhaps? [Smile]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

bX
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well this one is supposed to be bridging between TOS and the movie era ships. A few pages back there was some discussion of the shoehorn thing from the back of a Constitution's saucer, but the heart of the matter is that I've never trusted shoehorns. I've never been able to forgive them for the death of my boy.

[ May 22, 2006, 07:23 PM: Message edited by: bX ]

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What do you think the shoe-horn was for - a similar thing - deflector?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

Shin Meat?
The Ginger Beacon
Member # 1585

- posted      Profile for The Ginger Beacon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Meat off of a shin?

--------------------
I have plenty of experience in biology. I bought a Tamagotchi in 1998... And... it's still alive.

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who has meaty shins?

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

bX
Member # 419

Jason mentioned that he wan't fond of the name and since he revealed to us the awful nature of what ails him. I thought maybe it would cheer him up or something.

Also I've heard the shoe-horn referred to as the "linear accelerator", as to what function that would serve on a starship, your guess is as good as mine.

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why, it accelerates the linears, of course! [Razz]
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

quote:
Originally posted by bX:
Jason mentioned that he wan't fond of the name and since he revealed to us the awful nature of what ails him. I thought maybe it would cheer him up or something.

Also I've heard the shoe-horn referred to as the "linear accelerator", as to what function that would serve on a starship, your guess is as good as mine.

You know I really shouldn't have read Jason's post about his disease after dinner, and maybe it also wasn't a good idea to look at some pictures of it on Google.
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps