Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Valkyrie fighter, Almeida cruiser?

Author Topic: Valkyrie fighter, Almeida cruiser?
Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anybody have any sort of orthos of the fightercraft of the "Invasion!" game? Some sites also mention the Valkyrie as having several subtypes; does the game feature any?

As long as I'm wishing, how about a pony, carrying the old Mike Morrisette Almeida cruiser/transport blueprints? Anybody even seen these, ever?

Timo Saloniemi

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The game is really cool, does indeed have several versions (as the game progresses, they build new versions from captured Hur'Q technology).

I can either find you the ship pics online tonight, or failing that, send you the Invasion! concept art via E-Mail tomorrow (I have it saved on my home computer).

The (first version) fighter is pretty darn cool looking, but each subsequent version get's farther and farther from any "starfleet look" and gets more organic (as the Hur'Q ships are partly organic).

The game also features a cool Klingon fighter and the (waaay larger) Hediki destroyers.
Some neat Borg "needle" destroyers as well that spin (on lengthwise) as they move.

Never heard of the cruiser though.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a bad Colony Wars with Star Trek skins.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A good wallpaper.

Another.

Best Linky.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great pics...

Great design...

And an informative page indeed. Thanks! Too bad there aren't any pics of the variants, or good orthographic views. The Cardassian fighter looks especially imaginative (at least if one doesn't think in terms of SW:TPM).

Timo Saloniemi

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Let me see what I have at home- I'm pretty certain I have concept art sketches on the second version fighter (it's not exactly a impressive design- really boxy with what looks like a detachable cockpit as escape pod arrangment.

What do you think of the USS Typhon itself? I'm undecided...it kinda looks like something Starfleet would design as a carrier.
It needs a major refit to be plausable though- the ship has no phaser strips! In the game, much of your time is spent keeping the Typhon from being destroyed by...well everything.

It's got a hull composed from the finest wet cardboard Starfleet could replicate.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Timo
Member # 245

I thought the texts advertised the carrier as a veritable chobham steel turtle that even has a special "fortress mode" to defend itself. I know, I shouldn't listen to all that Starfleet propaganda...

The designers do say they put some phaser strips to that ship, but if those aren't available in the game, then I guess they aren't there. Some sort of a "kinetic cannon" is also listed as part of the arsenal.

Looking forward to seeing the fighter variant! Curious that there aren't any good side or plan views anywhere on the net, AFAIK. The exact dimensions have to remain guesswork, then.

Timo Saloniemi

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shipschematics has this of the standard Valkyrie. I've never seen any images of the others.

Just looked through my files and I have a smaller, but colour version of the above diagram.

http://johnpearse.partsking.net/Valkrie5.jpg

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The basis of most Starfleet fighters. I based the basic shape of it and a F-14 and F-22 for my fighter.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Timo
Member # 245

quote:
Shipschematics has this of the standard Valkyrie.
This seems to be an early concept; the final product doesn't appear to have those dorsal fins or the hammerhead bow. Or was this perhaps used as one of the variants?

Timo Saloniemi

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Nope- the variants are a version with huge rectangualr engines and a radicly organic thing that looks nothing like Federation tech.

And the cool klingon fighter, of course.

The Hur'Q fighters and larger ships all look extremely aquatic- very much like what we saw of the aquatic Xindi really.

Strange, cosidering they were bugs.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Identity Crisis
Defender of the Non-Canon
Member # 67

- posted      Profile for Identity Crisis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Timo:
As long as I'm wishing, how about a pony, carrying the old Mike Morrisette Almeida cruiser/transport blueprints? Anybody even seen these, ever?

I may have some scans that someone e-mailled me once. But (a) it could take me some time to find them and (b) they may turn out to be scans of the Carcal or Durance rather than the Almeida 'cos I always get them mixed up in my head.
Timo
Member # 245

I'll take the 1:3 odds, thank you very much...!

Even Caracal or Durance would be quite interesting, if there's more to the scans than just the side views.

Timo Saloniemi

Identity Crisis
Defender of the Non-Canon
Member # 67

- posted      Profile for Identity Crisis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was Caracal I had scans of. I have scans of sheets 1-4 of the 12 sheet set. I'll stick them on a server somewhere tomorrow (no broadband at home at the moment so it's copy them to the iPod and take them to work then upload them, which is a bit of a hassle).

I have the complete set of Durance sheets which do include more than just a side view. My scanner's not been connected since I moved house and the sheets are a funny size so I'll have to see what I can do. Don't hold your breath.

I don't think I've ever seen an Almeida pic either. Is this the holy grail of old school fanon? :-o

--------------------
"My theories appal you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters and you don't like my tie." - The Doctor

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.