Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » (UP3) Yeager Declassified!

Author Topic: (UP3) Yeager Declassified!
Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Write-up by Lee. No diagrams.

The Yeager-class starship has often been seen in background establishing shots of Deep Space Nine, from about the mid-fifth season onwards. It was at about this time that several starships were permanently based there, so one could speculate the vessel seen is one of these.

The ship is one of the more curious of the kitbash starship family. It consists of an Intrepid primary hull attached to what appears to be the rear superstructure of a Maquis raider (with Intrepid nacelles attached by pylons). Since even the larger variant of the latter would be too small, then one of the two components has undergone radical resizing to mate with the other. At one time it was thought to have a third, underslung, nacelle, but closer examination proved this to be incorrect.

It's probable that, like many other known kitbashes, this is a study model recycled as window dressing. The conjunction of Intrepid and Maquis is interesting - perhaps at one time they considered having Voyager undergo a spot of rebuilding after her arrival in the Delta Quadrant!

Known Yeager-class Ships:

USS Yeager

Notes:

Poor communication between the DS9 and "First Contact" production staff led to a Sabre-class USS Yeager appearing in the movie. Given the registry of that ship - NCC-61947 - and its appearance so 'recently,' it's assumed the Yeager-class prototype ship is no longer in service.

The Yeager was fully illustrated in the Deep Space Nine Technical Manual. A similar kitbash, an Intrepid-Constitution hybrid, is also shown, but has never been seen onscreen.

Sources:

Only one or two shots of the Yeager exist, and they have been used ad infinitum in many episodes. . .

"Dr. Bashir, I Presume"
"A Simple Investigation"
"Blaze of Glory"
"In the Cards"
"Sacrifice of Angels"
"Honor Among Thieves"
"Change of Heart"
"Wrongs Darker Than Death or Night"
"The Reckoning"
"Profit and Lace"
"The Sound of Her Voice"
"Tears of the Prophets"
"Chrysalis"
"It's Only a Paper Moon"
"Prodigal Daughter"
"Field of Fire"
"Chimera"
"Badda-bing, Badda-bang"

--------------------
"Kirito? I killed a thing and now it says I have XPs! Is that bad? Am I dying?"

-Asuna, Episode 2, Sword Art Online Abridged

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps