Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Some Ships Inspired by Jefferies' concept art (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Some Ships Inspired by Jefferies' concept art
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ST: The Magazine published many little doodlr sketches comsidered for the TOS Enterprise- this was one.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not the Jeffereries sketches at the start of this thread or Irishman's ortho renderings of same?

They do look cool, btw. I mean I don't like the design particularly (despite being a huge fan of modular mission components), but the execution is plainly beautiful. I'm a little unclear, is it a straight-through carrier-type deck side-to-side? Open the side doors and you see straight through? I'm guessing that would make landing while the ship was maneuvering kind of complicated.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the page scanned is only one of three from that issue with sketches on it.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

The Ginger Beacon
Member # 1585

- posted      Profile for The Ginger Beacon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Old thread fishing...

Any more on the Monticello Irishman? What about the other scout yoru had got preliminaries on?

(Hijacks post) I've just been at my parents house overnight, and I found an ancient CAD program (called 'Design and CAD' I think) that my old design & technology teacher leant to me in about November 1999. It's a little bit primitive. Anyhew, out of boredom I made this - it's a sort of just post ENT version of the second one down on the left , the one labled 'INDEPENDANCE' (wasn't that Roddenberys first name for the Enterprise?).

In leiu of any other ideas, I'm calling it SS Monty, after my dog. He's quite ugly, and has a big head too, so there's the thinking behind it.

Any ways, comments on the ship, how crap the program is, and what I should replace said program with (and prices if known I guess) to make more lovely starships would be greatly appreciated.

It's influenced by Kareem Nassars Daedalus reimagining (the enginering hull), and Irishmans first ship in this post (the mid line deflector), as well as Matt Jeffries ideas of course - credit where it's due.

--------------------
I have plenty of experience in biology. I bought a Tamagotchi in 1998... And... it's still alive.

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps