Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » The Reverend's Antares refinement (Page 17)

This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18   
Author Topic: The Reverend's Antares refinement
Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hard drive space doesn't stop something from working unless you actually have so little that you can't install it. It's RAM that is the computers 'working' memory. (Well except for the page file/swap volume, but...)

I never had a cassette drive but I always wanted one for some reason. It's funny, my first computer had only 8 mb of RAM, and modern RAM average amounts outstripped the HDD capacity of that thing so long ago it's not even amusing to mention it anymore. It'd be like saying "lol vacuum tubes." And yet I remember the internet and color graphics and all, and it doesn't seem THAT shitty compared to modern stuff...Hmm...memory must be very fuzzy...

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you Shik. I just downloaded it and opened it up. It may take a while to figure out, but it looks easy enough.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK... finally got a chance to finish this bridge design. Rev... hit me with a station list. I don't have them numbered, but I need something for those freestanding consoles along the inner rail to do also.

-

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, let's see...
01 - Uppy downy, sidey side thing.
02 - Ladder
03 - Mission Ops
04 - Captain's log rest
05 - Helm
06 - Nav
07 - Burk! Feed me.
08 - Sony Vaio
09 - Probe Control
10 - Astrometrics
11 - Engineering
12 - Comms
13 - Planetary Science
14 - Aux Systems

Remember that this way all Ships Operations stations are to the Captain's left and all Mission Operations are to the Captain's right.
As for the rail consoles, I'd call them general purpose computer terminals. The type that can be configured for just about anything, depending on the need. For instance during a resupply one can be configured to monitor the cargo/docking operations an coordinate with docking control without tying up the comms station OR the can be set to read telemetry during a full planetary survey OR act as damage control stations during an emergency...and so on and so forth.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like the bridge! Quite fitting for its era.

--------------------
Bernd Schneider

OverRon
Member # 2036

- posted      Profile for OverRon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's been a while since I last did any work on the Antares, but managed to have a crack at it today for a few hours.

Not much improvement yet, just been fleshing out some of the Hull panelling and other details. Finished off the bottom of the saucer and the rim, now fully modelled and with the main textures added (Still have to do textures for the smaller objects like the sensors). Added a turbolift shaft behind the bridge, and did a little work on some of the top secondary hull panelling and detailing before I start texturing. Anyways here's a bunch of pics:

-  -  -  -
 -  -  -  -

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ooooh... I can't wait to see this girl all decked out.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

OK... how's this?

-

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by OverRon:
It's been a while since I last did any work on the Antares, but managed to have a crack at it today for a few hours.

Not much improvement yet, just been fleshing out some of the Hull panelling and other details. Finished off the bottom of the saucer and the rim, now fully modelled and with the main textures added (Still have to do textures for the smaller objects like the sensors). Added a turbolift shaft behind the bridge, and did a little work on some of the top secondary hull panelling and detailing before I start texturing. Anyways here's a bunch of pics:

Coming along fine, the only not I have for now is that the smallest circle at the centre of the ventral sensor dome should actually be a little bump/dome in and of itself, rather than an outline. If you remember the ion-pod/nipple thing on the e-nil, you'll get the idea.

Can't wait to see the finished product. For some reason I have an image of this thing being launched from dry dock, just as the Enterprise is coming in for it's overhaul.
quote:
Originally posted by Aban Rune:
OK... how's this?

-

Spiffy.

I'm wondering, should I do a refit version of this design and if so in which era should it take place? I'm thinking since the Hermes was in the 10xxx range it should be a post Excelsior, pre-Ambassador type look. Perhaps taking a few ques from Probert's original Ambassador concept.

--------------------

OverRon
Member # 2036

- posted      Profile for OverRon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I've been working on the engines today. I think I've finished off all of the modelling for them, except for the running lights on the tops. Done a little bit of texturing on the nacelles as well. This took me a lot longer than I expected, trying to include all the little details from Rev's schematics. All that's left to do with the nacelles are the main textures, but most minor textures are done there now.

Some close-ups of the nacelles. These parts differ the most from the original plans, but if you notice any glaring discrepancies let me know. Finally amended the pylon strut thingies and added the chamfer on the sides that are on the new plans. Also how far in does the cylinder and hemisphere go into the back end of the nacelle? As what I've done just doesn't look right.

-  -  -  -
 -  -  -  -

OverRon
Member # 2036

Just cloned the nacelle over to give a better overview of the ship, and using an improved lighting set up (but not best I can do).

-  -  -  -
 -  -  -  -

OverRon
Member # 2036

Okay then, I'll nipple-ise that part then> [Razz]
OverRon
Member # 2036

That good for ya? [Wink]

-

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

Small point, but the nacelle end caps aren't nearly as deep at that. Not that you can tell from the plans as it's one of those details that don't show up on a cross-section, like so.
 -
I would also add some topography to the nacelle pylons so everything isn't so perfectly flush. Giving the plasma vents some dimension would be a good start.
Also, though I realise it's early days, but I'd tone down colour on the ramscoop and the warp grill a bit. Have a look at the glow the Enterprise had in TMP to get an idea of the temperature of the colours. Not burning white hot as much as a simmer.

--------------------

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

quote:
Originally posted by OverRon:
That good for ya? [Wink]

-

Looks fine!

--------------------

This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps