Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » The Reverend's Antares refinement (Page 2)

This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  16  17  18   
Author Topic: The Reverend's Antares refinement
Wee Bairns
Member # 1324

- posted      Profile for Wee Bairns     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Agreed. My sentiments exactly.

--------------------
Visit the Clive Cussler Forum at http://clivecusslerforum.com/

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is a really nice rendering of a classy design. It may be getting old for you, Rev, but it sure isn't for us.
Sarvek
Member # 910

- posted      Profile for Sarvek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I completely agree. You have always done fine work on your ships, shuttles, and logos. It would be great to see more of your work. [Smile]
Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And I would love to hire you again for some work that is waiting.

--------------------
Bernd Schneider

Makotokat
Member # 1041

- posted      Profile for Makotokat         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very nice indeed....
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bernd:
And I would love to hire you again for some work that is waiting.

Sure Bernd, if you need anything doing just PM me and I'll give you my new email address. (The old .co.uk one died on me.)

And guys, it's all very flattering but trek art (especially the post TOS stuff) is VERY time consuming and I doubt I'll have time to do any more work on the Antares for months. I've got a comic strip to finish, plus the final 20 page issue and then another project with the same artist that may actually land us some paying work.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Boo!
Better late than never

--------------------

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pretty!

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like it. I don't know why, because it looks kind of odd, but it just flows for some reason.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hot diggity damn! I want to see more views of that nacelle... it looks very transition-y, sexy.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice Rev, very nice, and you didn't lie either, many months.

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

quote:
Originally posted by Fabrux:
Hot diggity damn! I want to see more views of that nacelle... it looks very transition-y, sexy.

As you wish.

--------------------

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ooh, me likely me likey. I'm going to have to scale that down and stick it on a ship or two on this page. If y'don't mind, that is. [Smile]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A tiny nit:
The radial panel lines on the top of the saucer look a bit off. The two center-most/top-most sections of the saucer are convex, but the radial lines are all concave at that point. The convexity might also affect the intersection with the spinal/rearward continuation of the bridge.

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

Yeah, these are for the most part the same vectors I originally drew all those years ago (at a much lower resolution) so there's a bunch of little details like that that I need to tweak, or redo from scratch.

And Fabrux: go ahead mate. [Wink]

--------------------

This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  16  17  18   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps