Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Constitution Class (Franz Joseph Style) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Constitution Class (Franz Joseph Style)
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So to make 3D ships - you just have to build them out of smaller shapes!?! Is all 3D done like that?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great work. Do you envision this as a class variant? Or as a prototype despite the details that are rather movies-style?

--------------------
Bernd Schneider

Makotokat
Member # 1041

- posted      Profile for Makotokat         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Variant I think....earlier ship (maybe Republic)
Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
So to make 3D ships - you just have to build them out of smaller shapes!?! Is all 3D done like that?

Yes, just like putting together a model kit, only you make all the pieces yourself.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*sigh* The Republic is not Constitution-class...

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

Makotokat
Member # 1041

Acording to Franz Joseph it is, however I haven't decided on a name yet.....
Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He arbitrarily decided that the Republic and Farragut were Constitution-class, despite there being NO indications of class in the dialogue. Go watch "Court Martial" and "Obsession" to see what I mean.

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What about the, uh...Making Of Star Trek lists? The ship memos & all that?

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Makotokat
Member # 1041

Careful....this can become a bottomless can of worms....
Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

Again.

--Jonah

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny:
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:

Yes, just like putting together a model kit, only you make all the pieces yourself.
Sorry I've been here too long, was that a real response or a sarcastic response?
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, a sarcastic response would have been "yes, 3D is done like that all in all, with triangles big and small", which it wasn't.

I have nothing further.

Makotokat
Member # 1041

Okay took a while, but here's an update....
 -  -  -  -
I had lots of fun trying to make the secondary hull. I attempted to stay faithful to the design from the Technical manual, but there were a few inconsistancies. From the top and side views the engineering hull seems to flare out at the midline behind the nick (not a circle, an ovoid)and then come back to a circle by the shuttlebay. This is not so on the FJ blueprints, there the dimensions are correct. I tried for a while to reproduce the flawed look but it was rather unattractive. Instead I built it by hand and it looks quite good so far. I'm going to correct a few things that were roughed in and then on to the struts and nacelles.

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey nice job there. Once your done with this ship do you plan on making any other Franz Joseph designs?
Makotokat
Member # 1041

Probably make a scout/destroyer and a tug afterwards.
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps