Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Constitution Class (Franz Joseph Style) (Page 3)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Constitution Class (Franz Joseph Style)
Makotokat
Member # 1041

- posted      Profile for Makotokat         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
made a few changes.....
 -  -  -  -

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That section around the impulse drive looks a lot more interesting than anything on the canon model's impulse drive. But now we must see the pylon!
Makotokat
Member # 1041

I'm out of time tonight, so I'll get on to it tomorrow. BTW I stuck the name Yorktown on her as that was the Original name attributed to Aprils ship....
Makotokat
Member # 1041

And the struts are done.....rough draft now complete. Detailing begins......with the impulse deck!
 -  -  -

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Left & right? Is this Braxton's new ship?

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Makotokat
Member # 1041

Very funny........
bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
nice.

Oooh, it's looking good, Makotokat. Would you mind explaining your process for how you did the engineering hull? Sounds like you've got a line on ref material, but I do have some pics of the insides of those nacelles (tricky) if you need 'em.

By way of completely unsolicited advice, one thing I've found is that TOS ships don't look right in pure white. I mixed some very subtle subtle yellow/greenish and grey mottling with white specularity on my "Preliant". I'm still not 100% happy with my results (or even entirely certain what tweaks are helping or hurting), but it was closer.

Looking great. Making good progress. Can't wait to see it with some finish textures. Maybe that's what you meant by detailing?

Makotokat
Member # 1041

Actually just futzed it out of cylinders, torus's and spheres. And as I started taking it apart for texturing I found a few really nasty bits, so I'm going to redo it over the next few days.

I was thinking Duck egg blue.....

Makotokat
Member # 1041

Started some windows....
 -  -  -

Makotokat
Member # 1041

and did a quick fix....
 -  -  -  -

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How about that: Docking Ports.
Makotokat
Member # 1041

Makes sense doesn't it. Maybe I'll put them on the engineering hull as well! I wanted to go with a bit of the NX style. Transporters take power and when you're docked and it's easier to walk cargo and crew on at a Starbase. BTW I'm changing the impulse section a bit as well. If I have time tomorrow I'll redo the bridge sections and then work my way down. I am not happy with the secondary hull (some of my shapes were off by .001 of a unit and the resulting extra polys are a nuisance!).....then the joy of texturing in truespace.
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

More docking ports? Go for it.
bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*can't believe that's just a conglomeration of primatives for the engineering hull* *boggles*

The docking ports are nice. I'm too late to the party, but it seems to me like the windows are recessed a little too far. Other than that it looks great to me.

The Ginger Beacon
Member # 1585

- posted      Profile for The Ginger Beacon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm loving this! Fanboy connie without the ezxtra nacelles - great.

--------------------
I have plenty of experience in biology. I bought a Tamagotchi in 1998... And... it's still alive.

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps