Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Doodlies

Author Topic: Doodlies
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I found my old sketchbook from about 6, 8 years ago last night & as I flipped through I found some pretty worthwhile sketches.

The story here: I tended not to sketch anything I couldn't build as a model, & so I worked out a lot of conceptual designs as preludes to possible construction. Some things, like the "squid ship" & a couple small destroyer types show up repeatedly because I just couldn't get them out of my head.

Anyway, I scanned them in & rather than posting all 17 images separately, I'll just throw down the link to the gallery for ease. But I will gladly answer questions on them if anyone wishes.

Funny...some of these could be usable for my project eventually. Maybe I'll have to have some one do them up right then.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I likes me the arrangement of hulls and nacelles for the sketch in the first row, third column. Sleek and fast. Are those Defiant-esque cowlings on the forward saucer?

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm really liking the one that looks like a cross between a Steamrunner and an Oberth... fourth row, third column.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Y'know, everyone's really liking that one. I posted these over at SCN as well, & that's the one people keep piclky out. The one I tend to like the most is the one next to the sailing ship, which I must say, is nifty as shit if I do say so myself.

quote:
Originally posted by Mark Nguyen:
I likes me the arrangement of hulls and nacelles for the sketch in the first row, third column. Sleek and fast. Are those Defiant-esque cowlings on the forward saucer?

I think it actually WAS intended to be that, Mark. As I remember, I had the belief long ago (as did most people, I think) that the pulse phaser bursts came from those forward cowlings, that they were the "weapons modules,' as it were. I thought that would be a smart deal for a front-line large explorer/

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can I add a really annoying point that people ALWAYS use when you post 'sketches'... "Do you have any other views?"

Gah!

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Shik
Member # 343

No, becasue they are, in fact, sketches. And I don't really draw very well.

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't REALLY mean I wanted to see other views.
Shik
Member # 343

Well, fine. Screw you, & your kangaroo, too mister!

--------------------

Lurker Emeritus
Member # 1888

- posted      Profile for Lurker Emeritus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Someone left a pile of doodlies on the forum. As a dog walker myself I really hate it when someone does that. Their arrogant act of laziness reflects badly on us all, and I always carry bags and take mine away.

Sometimes I take the dog's doodlies away too!

Arf.

Hey, there's a sailing ship in there! I like it! Make it bigger and perdier, doodlie drawing man! The funny sci fi thingy next to it is a bit, well, like, standard issue if you know what I mean but you got some smooth ideas in there, dood. Real smooth. Like 10 year old hooch on rocks dipped in cream. Ahhhh.

Shik
Member # 343

Lay off the pipe.

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps