Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » USS Korolev attempt (Page 5)

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: USS Korolev attempt
Axeman 3D
Member # 1050

- posted      Profile for Axeman 3D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I go for the one as designed it looks from the side like its got a massive overbite with buck teeth. I've removed the cutout section on the underside and made the top cutout section slightly smaller and it looks not too bad now, I'll post a pic when I get home after work.

--------------------
www.kennyscrap.com - where I download crap I make.

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I was afraid it might look a little bucktoothed. What if the lower protrusion is bent back, say 45 degrees from vertical?

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Axeman 3D
Member # 1050

- posted      Profile for Axeman 3D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was at 45 degrees, but the fact that the sides were cut so far back made it stand out something chronic. Thats why I removed it entirely.

--------------------

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, email me some low-res orthographic views and maybe a cross-section of the deflector as designed and as you have it now and I'll see if I can't cook up a solution.

--------------------

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

Anyway, as for the compression coils, what do you think? Split ring, or double split?
 -

--------------------

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's a tough call.... I'd almost say the single split ring. Asymmetry is sexy.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

The Ginger Beacon
Member # 1585

- posted      Profile for The Ginger Beacon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like the top version - it looks more like an experimental idea than a tried and tested one.

--------------------
I have plenty of experience in biology. I bought a Tamagotchi in 1998... And... it's still alive.

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Agreed on the asymmetric coil. I love that bit of detail too.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Axeman 3D
Member # 1050

You want the asymmetric one then? If I get a chance I'll do it tonight. No updates the past couple of days, been 'dahn sahf' on business.

--------------------

Axeman 3D
Member # 1050

Here you go, asymmetrical compression rings on the nacelles. Are they keepers or do we go with the previous versions?

-
 -

--------------------

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

They're keepers.

It may be 'dahn sahf' to you but it's still 'oop nauf' to me....ooharr. ;-)
Oh, watch out for chavs, they bite!

--------------------

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

Oh, and I know it has nothing to do with the design, but I was bored.
 -

--------------------

Axeman 3D
Member # 1050

I'll be flying down at Lyndhurst in the New Forest next week for a day or two, that sounded like "Ooh aar" country to my celtic ear'oles.

OK, we keep the nacelles with the altered compression coils. Tonight I'll work mainly on the deflector and begin cutting in the gross details on the saucer, nacelles and main body.

--------------------

Axeman 3D
Member # 1050

Just a note to say the deflector is being a biatch, the sodding thing doesn't want to cut in properly at all. Ah well, Rome wasn't built in a day.

--------------------

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Lyndhurst"

"Ohh aar"

"Sodding"

"Deflector"

What strange, savage land do ye hail from, be ye using such alien tongue, ye temerous beastie?

But I like. Are you going to be detailing the lateral sensor array and other such greeblies?

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps