Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Matrix 4 - The Super Matrix (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Matrix 4 - The Super Matrix
pdwood
Member # 2063

- posted      Profile for pdwood     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know that many people loved the Matrix Trilogy just as it ended in The Matrix Revolutions; but there were also many who wished that it would continue on. I�m one of the latter. I saw a whole new level where it could go. So, for fun I wrote another episode called Matrix 4-The Super Matrix.

It's a completely new extension of the Matrix Trilogy and a bit of a mind bender, if I do say so myself. The story paints a picture of what might have happened before The Matrix and after The Matrix Revolutions; sort of a prequel/sequel, I guess. If you're interested, you can download the full-length screenplay at my blog

http://www.thesupermatrix.com/

Unless the Wachowski brothers or Warner Brothers approaches me, I have no illusions about this being made into a real movie. And I make no money or benefit from the story other than the fun of writing it and the pleasure of hearing people's comments. This screenplay is purely for the reading enjoyment of all those who love and believe in the Matrix mystique.

If you read it, please come back here and let me know what you think. I'd love to know. Thanks and happy reading. PD Wood

P.S. If this post is in the wrong place, please let me know.

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is getting awful close to spam. Sure you're posting a link in your first post, advertising about something, but you're apparently not actually selling anything. I haven't clicked on the link and will not do so as I have no interest in this.

I'd bet that this thread will be snipped locked, and you yourself turfed from this forum, but that is my opinion. If you want to dispute it, feel free to do so and incur the wrath of the admins here.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

pdwood
Member # 2063

- posted      Profile for pdwood     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've posted this at many other forums and nobody has ever branded it as spam. It creates a lot of lively dialogue and most people are intrigued by the story.

I hope it isn't viewed as spam. I don't make any money from it or sell anything. I'm just interested in people reading the story and giving me feedback.

Hope you keep me on.

Thanks, PD Wood

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So what, this isn't the forum for posting stuff you've designed or created anymore? Members post stuff hosted on their own websites all the time. How is this different?

Besides, is this board really in need of strict spam rules at this point? It ain't exactly like we're being inundated, people. It's pretty dead around here these days...

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

pdwood
Member # 2063

I had no intention of stirring things up. If there is objection to me posting this story here, I'll abide by the rules.

I just thought people might like a fun story to read.

Let me know. Either way, no hard feelings.

PD Wood

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
New members have it rough here no matter what they post, pd...usually, anyway.

I've got bits of both opinions expressed so far - it does seem rather spamlike to throw up stuff you've created as your first post ever, mostly because that's the way spammers tend to operate. Open an account on a forum, splash it with links, forget about it. But on the other hand, Mim's right, that's what this particular forum is for - posting shit we come up with for people to talk about.

In conclusion, my unsolicited advice...when you join a forum, lurk about a bit first to get the feel of the place, then be at least a little active so people get used to seeing you around before you start posting original content. The lurking bit is especially important - the culture at each board is going to be different, and they'll take offense at different things, and ignorance will be no excuse...;p

pdwood
Member # 2063

Daniel,

Thanks for the insight. I'll take your advice and lurk a bit. Hope it doesn't seem too forced at this point.

And just to let everyone know, I'm genuinely looking for dialogue and feedback on my story; I'm not just trying to drive people to my site.

See ya'll around.

PD Wood

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
And just to let everyone know, I'm genuinely looking for dialogue and feedback on my story; I'm not just trying to drive people to my site.
That's the line between spam and not.

Welcome to Flare.

pdwood
Member # 2063

Cool. Thanks. Hope some of you have the time to read it.

PD Wood

pdwood
Member # 2063

Well...I've been lurking a bit, hoping to find some other threads on the Matrix and I didn't find one (all the way back to 1999). I guess it's not really considered a sci-fi movie, is that correct?

PD Wood

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Will too.

And I've written plenty on the sequels in this very forum. Can't remember what I wrote or how good it was, but it was plenty insightful.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"He thinks about the girl who can levitate balls."

I bet.

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess if the almighty Capps God of Flare says it is ok, then I will say it is ok as well.

Welcome to Flare.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel Butler:
New members have it rough here no matter what they post, pd...usually, anyway.

I've got bits of both opinions expressed so far - it does seem rather spamlike to throw up stuff you've created as your first post ever, mostly because that's the way spammers tend to operate. Open an account on a forum, splash it with links, forget about it. But on the other hand, Mim's right, that's what this particular forum is for - posting shit we come up with for people to talk about.

In conclusion, my unsolicited advice...when you join a forum, lurk about a bit first to get the feel of the place, then be at least a little active so people get used to seeing you around before you start posting original content. The lurking bit is especially important - the culture at each board is going to be different, and they'll take offense at different things, and ignorance will be no excuse...;p

I think that's a bit of a myth because my first post was a piece of crappy artwork and I wasn't majorly hassled for it.

As for the lack of Matrix centric discussions, I think it's mostly due to how resoundingly disappointing the sequels were. Personally I got much more enjoyment out of the Animatrix, but then I am a big animation junkie.

As far as your script goes, I have not the time to read it, but I've got to say "Super Matrix" is a very off putting title.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

pdwood
Member # 2063

I'll look around a bit more in-depth for Matrix threads.

And Reverend,

What about the "Super Matrix" title is so off putting to you?

I found the sequels to be a bit disappointing, too, mostly because they left a lot of ideas and characters unresolved. I try to tie a lot of those unresolved things together in my story. You might want to at least check out the first 10 or 15 pages and see if it grabs you. If not, I'd understand.

PD Wood

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps