Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Starfleet Hawkeye (Page 5)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Starfleet Hawkeye
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like Trek, but I believe that the whole story was never told, just snippets, like a history book. I am far from a hardcore fan, other's I have known lived the life, which caused their families to wonder about their sanity.

One option that the 'solid' fan base is missing is that there is so much more to the idea of Trek than the screen will allow for. The idea that Trek gives of the possibilities is more key than the 'facts' shown on screen.

For the mainstream fans I pose a question. What is the difference between this type of craft and say, the Argus Array that could spy on what ever it was aimed at? An add on is could this craft be used as a sub space relay station that has a better chance of survival that Ariel's station? (I think that was her name.)

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, it's a TV show, but that's a form of art, and art always has a message - it always stands for something. That's what art is. Usually TV stands for nothing more than corporate greed. But the point is, it doesn't have to be workable in real life, it's just a message. In Trek's case, a message of hope for the future - that maybe we won't nuke ourselves to hell or any of a dozen end-of-the-world theories that are so popular...It's a bit cheesy, but maybe we'll survive and build something grand and beautiful. Surely it won't be exactly like that old late-20th-century TV show, but that's not the point. It's just about hope, that people can learn to truly accept one another.

A bit corny, I know, but there it is.

Anyway, about the Hawkeye itself - I like it. It doesn't scream 'military' at me anyway. And Starfleet *was* pretty military during the Dominion War out of pure raw necessity - another message entirely: That war turns hope on it's ass and makes it violent and, well, warlike.

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.