Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » UES Meteor (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: UES Meteor
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Right where it could be hit by a blind epileptic klingon tac officer drunk on bloodwine.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Makotokat
Member # 1041

- posted      Profile for Makotokat         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did a little work this afternoon
 -  -  -  -

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Move the shuttle bay anywhere you'd like!
I think it looks better with the shorter deflector housing.

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

Makotokat
Member # 1041

I'll try a few things Masao....maybe call it the Production version. Maybe the Comet was a converted Fireball in military Config, the following ships changed from lessons learned from the first 3?

BTW the hull metal texture I'm using is from someone else, still trying to figure out where it came from. I think it's from one of the 3D gladiators but my files are a mess. So if you identify your texture let me know So I can credit you!

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sry, triple post.
Makotokat
Member # 1041

quote:
Originally posted by Nim:
Sry, triple post.

????

Anyway figure out the texture, it was from some of Fabio's models on the SFMuseum site.

Makotokat
Member # 1041

I just found the texture this morning sorting through old files (I have a lot of them) I'm reinstalling my art programs on my laptop and there it was.....

BABYLON 5!

Can't remember where or when I downloaded it but the texture is unmistakable!

Makotokat
Member # 1041

Can't find the Meteor....but I did find this.
 -
My files are a disaster....

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just slightly phallic, huh?

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Makotokat
Member # 1041

Whatever do you mean? Okay maybe a little. I had some sketches working off a connestoga/san francisco look. My idea of a Romulan war era cruiser. Small, cramped and primative. And able to land on a planet (for those groundside starbases from TOS)
Makotokat
Member # 1041

Maybe I should redesign the deflector
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It looks fine- though I might make the deflector gold and have it extend slightly from the hull with a touch of blue glow behind it (an homage to the NX-01).

I'd also think about adding some NX-01 style shuttlepod bays to the ventral side to compliment that big shuttlebay- transporters were probably not commonly used on away missions just yet.

Hmmm...and, as she's a warship, I"d add on several NX-style weapon's ports along her sides and a couple at her nose.

And I'd make it all metallic like the NX-01.

God, I miss Enterprise.
Sorry: Doug Drexler's blog has me all verklempt, I just need a minute.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Makotokat
Member # 1041

That isn't a big shuttle bay. she's a small cruiser like the Fed Old Light Cruiser from Star Fleet Battles. Armament is 2 forward lasers and a missile launcher (real old school)
Makotokat
Member # 1041

Sorta like this...only not so 1970's
 -
From SFB Nexus

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Makotokat:
Maybe I should redesign the deflector

Yes, I think you should. The way it is now, it looks like a cork stuck into a rugby ball.

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps