Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Dedication plaques (Page 1)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Dedication plaques
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did a few of these for the Antares, Korolev, Erewhon & Deneva sheets and decided to play about with the templates and do a few extra just for fun.
 -  -  -  -  -  -  -

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Meesa likenem.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Doctor Jonas
Member # 481

- posted      Profile for Doctor Jonas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is between my favorite stuff from Trek fan art... I guess it's somewhat simple for you to make compared to those ellaborated logos you always pull, but still! [Wink]

Keep them coming, Rev.

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
always a pleasure.

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sure there's a reason I should already be aware of, but why is the Antares name smaller and below its registry, unlike the other plaques?
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Creative licence. For some reason I thought it'd be interesting to put more emphasis on the number than on the name.

--------------------

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like the one for the Santa Maria since it's different than the standard format. But why "The" Santa Maria?

For the shadowing on the text & logos, are you just using a drop shadow? It looks to me like they are hovering over the plaque, rather than being carved/extruded from it. It's really evident on Antares' UESPA logo.

It's probably due to the font you're using, but it looks like there's a space (or partial space) before the last letter of DENEVA on both the Deneva's and LaSalle's plaques.

Those may be a bit nitpicky, but overall, nice work!

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

I originally only did some for the schematic sheets, on which they are rather small so not really meant to hold up to too close scrutiny, it's all rather quick and dirty, but yes the shadow on the UESPA bugs me a little.

As for THE Santa Maria; if you recall it's not a Starfleet ship and I modelled it after THE Raven's plaque.

--------------------

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm assuming you're using Illustrator, does it have a tool similar to Corel's "The Boss" that creates a mesa effect?

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He uses PSP as has been mentioned in other threads. I don't know what he's using to make the effects, but I have an EyeCandy plugin for PSP that has several effects like beveling, embossing, shadows, etc.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is the quote at the bottom of the plaque for The Raven?
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

I have to be honest I rarely play around with those funky effects and plugins so I've probably got more than I realise. Anyway, here's what I probably should have done.
 -
And while I'm at it...

-  -  -

--------------------

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, yes! MUCH better!
Kobi
Member # 1360

- posted      Profile for Kobi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, much much better ... no floating text anymore.

Did I tell you already I like your UESPA logo?

--------------------
Visit Andorian's office, with new section all about Kzinti!

Shik
There's a million things I haven't done, but just you wait
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Fourth". And E-C was built at Earth Station McKinley.

But word.

--------------------
"I never agreed with Jefferson once—we have fought on like seventy-five different fronts. But when all is said & all is done...Jefferson HAS beliefs; Burr has none."

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.