Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Ark Royal Stuff - Misc. Illustrations (Page 2)

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: Ark Royal Stuff - Misc. Illustrations
Ahkileez
Member # 734

- posted      Profile for Ahkileez     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well if I ever start up another NX-era sim, I'd probably do that, hehe.

The Stun Grenade was inspired by the ones the MACOs used though.

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So that's what happened to Darwin after seaQuest...

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seaquest! that's the show I was trying to link the dolphin to. I kept comming up with sealab 2010. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Ahkileez
Member # 734

- posted      Profile for Ahkileez     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hehe yes. Darwin continues to serve.

I believe it's actually popular among fandom to consider Seaquest and Trek part of the same universe, isn't it?

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I read an article recently that basically boiled down to "SO MAYBE DOLPHINS AREN'T ALL THAT GREAT CUZ YEAH THEY'VE SAVED A LOT OF PEOPLE'S LIVES BUT THERE HAVE BEEN A FEW SCATTERED ACCOUNTS OF DOLPHINS RAPING OR KILLING OTHER DOLPHINS, PORPOISES OR HUMANS!" That *really* irked me...A few dolphins raped and murdered other animals, so they must all really be wild dangerous animals instead of possibly sentient lifeforms? That's like saying all humans are wild dangerous animals and not sentient lifeforms because some humans rape and murder other humans or non-human animals.

I'm getting really, *REALLY* fed up with people thinking we're so superior to everything that is not a human being simply on the basis of it not being a human being.

Ahkileez
Member # 734

LOL... you're a picture perfect example of David Brin's essay on the " Dogma of Otherness ", Daniel Butler. [Smile]

I think you'll find the link above quite interesting [Smile]

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dannyboy:
quote:
That's like saying all humans are wild dangerous animals and not sentient lifeforms because some humans rape and murder other humans or non-human animals.
I wasn't aware they where mutually exclusive, nor that good guys wore white ten-gallons and bad guys actually wore black.

With the risk of going offtrack, I would say that it's not just the dogma of defending objectiveness that has people believing in dolphin intelligence, it feels more like classic, na�ve hope.
Just like the assumption that there are aliens waiting for us in space (the only "evidence" being arbitrary statistics), or that there is life after death, or that there is a god. It's hope, people believe certain stuff to avoid facing uncertain quantitites, not because there's any merit to it.
"Magma displacement", yeah?

[ March 26, 2008, 01:19 AM: Message edited by: Nim ]

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They're not mutually exclusive. But saying "Some A are B therefore all A are B" is...pretty obviously fallacious.

Hope is a good thing. Unless you're a Vulcan.

Ahkileez - you're right, I did enjoy that, very much.

Ahkileez
Member # 734

Working on Ark Royal's 'superauxiliary' ship now. I guess the Akira's version of a Captain's yacht, but without the luxury. A combination runabout/dropship heavy craft. Something nice and tough to match her mothership.

She's not done, but I hope you guys like the Britannic. I like the way the E-E's shuttles seem to match her look and feel, and so does Voyager's. I wanted this ship to be the same way, hence echoing the catamaran shape.

-

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

Do you have side views yet?
Ahkileez
Member # 734

No. I always put that off because I'm not too good at elevation views.

Want to see more of this militarized Trek ship? [Wink]

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

*stern look* I maintain that what was seen on-screen weren't primarily warships, but that doesn't mean Starfleet doesn't have any. Plus this gal is attractive.
Ahkileez
Member # 734

Thought I'd update this thread with some actual work [Smile]

-

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sweet. Bridge? [Smile]

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Ahkileez
Member # 734

Bridge?
  This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps