Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Ark Royal Stuff - Misc. Illustrations (Page 3)

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: Ark Royal Stuff - Misc. Illustrations
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, the bridge, you know, the big room where the captain commands the ship from?

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Ahkileez
Member # 734

- posted      Profile for Ahkileez     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, it was out of context [Smile]
Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heh. I like "signal booster filament." Pretentious way of saying "antenna" [Razz] Maybe even better, "signal *amplification* filament" [Big Grin]
Ahkileez
Member # 734

- posted      Profile for Ahkileez     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well we wouldn't want to be pretentious with the technological terms, would we? [Smile]
WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
more like Bovine Excrement.

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Ahkileez
Member # 734

A few people asked for something like this, so...

-

Ahkileez
Member # 734

Quick and dirty, hehe [Smile]

-

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm assuming that's you. Photoshop?

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

-George Carlin

Ahkileez
Member # 734

Hehe no. Just some pic I grabbed off the net.
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But do you have a bridge design selected? That's what I was asking about before. [Razz]

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Ahkileez
Member # 734

Oh, I didn't understand, sorry.

I'd drawn this up a long time ago, but I drew it up badly out of scale to the real life ship, so I'll probably redo it.

-

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

I like the flanking tac stations.

--------------------

-George Carlin

OverRon
Member # 2036

- posted      Profile for OverRon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like the design, although the briefing room looks a little cramped. Is the crew break room, the place where the captain keeps the spare bridge crew when he decides to send half the bridge on an away mission immediately?

What about having a turbolift off one of the corridors next to the briefing room. As if your having negotiations with an enemy in the briefing room, you wouldn't want to have them walking through the bridge and seeing all sorts of sensitive information there.

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

There might be a similar briefing room somewhere in an easily accessable, though well defended and non vital part of the ship for that purpose.

--------------------

-George Carlin

Ahkileez
Member # 734

Well having a briefing room right off the bridge is a Trek tradition now, but I don't like the idea of it either. It will almost certainly disappear in any new iteration of this bridge.

Since the bridge is a critical place, I figured there'd be allowance for bridge crew to take a break and get some lunch of take a piss that would keep them close rather than having to go down four or five decks.

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps