Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Ragnar Class Science vessel (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Ragnar Class Science vessel
ragnvald
Member # 2082

- posted      Profile for ragnvald     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wait no, i did it with Photoshop, thats how i turned it
ragnvald
Member # 2082

- posted      Profile for ragnvald     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is the Ragnar 6 so far, i ran out of time but wanted to show the new pylons. I got pissed off with the asymmetry of the secondary hull so i gutted it and redid is, also a lot of left over crap form older builds was still inside so i cleaned it out and will finish later. I brought the tail back in a little and redid to top of the engineering hull, the bottom will be more curved and not so segmenty-ey-thing you know what i mean.

As for Fluff text,

"Following the destruction of the Mjolnir, the ASDB began again to seek to improve upon the original design. the vessel is not yet compete, but so for things look promising"

no the black and gray pictures are not old ones renamed.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a very nice design. But either you've got to figure out how to smooth the faces, or say it was built by the Crystalline Entity [Wink]
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The nacell/pylon arrangement looks a bit better. You might want to widen the pylons a little though. Right now, it looks like the nacells are pulling the pylons like silly-putty, if you know what I'm saying. Nice secondary hull.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

ragnvald
Member # 2082

kay, so widen pylons and finish filling in the hull.

ill probably be slower in getting the updates done now, we were on a weeks break from school, so now i will have to squeeze this in between work and school

i may be finished by Tuesday-ish

ragnvald
Member # 2082

heres the final nacelles, i think they combine the size and girth required to "show-off" as well as be not quite so wimpy. as to the second pic, this is the method i will use when i re coat the hull, focus on the bottom of the engineering hull, and tell me if it doesn't blend better than the old version?

Photobucket
Photobucket

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps