Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Bastet Drawing (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Bastet Drawing
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Our local Art Center is having a contest open to local artists (top prize $100... whoo hoo!). The theme this year is Mythological Creatures. So, though I never win these things, I decided to enter something out of a desire to promote the small town art scene.

I decided to do Bastet, the Egyptian cat goddess. I originally intended it to be a larger, full color painting with more scenery and additional servants sitting around. However, I waited too long to start it, so I had to trim elements out and reduce the scope to a drawing. I submitted it today. Let's see if I can win some cash.

-

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Purrrrty [Wink]

Oh look, the nipples are back [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I quite like the young woman standing on her left. I like your interpretation of her, also. Kitty.
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think we've established that women have nipples. And I doubt the Egyptians had bras. Moving on...

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sandy.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice pussy. [Wink]
Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Her first prime is missing the mark of Bastet...

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is the kitty woman wearing a helmet? I know she is supposed to be a god, but man, I'd hate to have to squeeze that thing over my scalp.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

The priestess is bald. She's not wearing a helmet.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As I expected from you Aban, fucking great!

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, christ, he's gone furry...

(Also, ancient Egyptians may not have had bras, but they didn't have a lot of cold weather, either.)

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Grrrr.....

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You mean, mrrrow!

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like the columns, architecturally. And I just noticed the the fan(?) in the priestess's hands looks a lot like an ahn-woon [Razz]
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

It's not a fan. It's some kind of staff weapon... I didn't really come up with a whole Tolkien backstory for everything [Smile]

But yah, it does kind of look like one.

*begin chirping fight music*

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps