Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Bastet Drawing (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Bastet Drawing
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess I hadn't really thought about her fur pattern. But I'm on board with a back pelt. Generally I don't like my women with back hair... but then I guess I don't generally like them with feline heads either. So it works.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It would be cool to see it Stargate-ified. The lion head would work well as a Jaffa helmet. Pit we only saw the serpent guards, horus guards and a mention of the Setesh guards. You could aslo argue that we saw another type in Stargate the movie.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's a good idea really- we never saw ra's children Geb and Nut (and you know O'Neill would love to meet Nut)- you could make a nice Stargate scene....maybe some hottie female Jaffa (or whatever the women warriors were called).

I still want to see Tokra Jesus- complete with glowing eyes.
Maybe a Last Supper thing with a zat gun on the table and a ribbon device on his hand.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the pilot, Apophis referred to one as "Jaffita", but thereafter, they were all just called Jaffa.

My theory about the Anubis guard we saw in the movie is that it was some Jaffa that used to serve Anubis but that Ra co-opted after Anubis was banished. We never saw his Jaffa's helmets on the show.

If I wanted to Stagate-ize this concept, I'd probably make goddess look like the Goa'uld we saw in "Summit" and make her slaves look more Jaffa-like with a couple of guys with cat/lion helmets.

A Tokra Jesus would probably be named Yeshua, or something more Hebrew. And would that make Pilot a Goa'uld?

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It took me a second to realize you meant Pontious Pilate. I was wondering how we got into Farscape territory... [Big Grin]
Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Er...why Jesus as a Tok'ra? I don't remember any discussion about Jesus on Stargate...
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seems like it would be more consistent to have a Goa'uld Yahweh.
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

quote:
Originally posted by B.J.:
It took me a second to realize you meant Pontious Pilate.

*slaps self* That'll teach me to type while I try to eat... my mind wasn't on my spelling.

Jesus was never mentioned in Stargate as either a Goa'uld or a Tok'ra. Jason was just saying it'd be cool...

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe there was mention of having a character on Stargate that was Jesus. I can't remember if it was supposed to be a Tokra or an Asgard, however.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Neither one makes a lot of sense. Sokar is the only one who seems to have gotten humans after the alpha gate was buried. Jesus came after that. The Asgard were here around that time (or well they didn't say for sure but they could've been I suppose) but they were Norse-themed.
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Some humans were taken off Earth after Christianity started. I think the episode was "Demons".

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

Right, like I said, Sokar was the only one to do that. That was Demons...with Sokar in it. Remember? Sokar? ;P
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Yah, but then you said that Jesus came 'round after that. But if the society was Christian-based, then the humans would've had to have been transported offworld in the first few centuries C.E. After Jesus.

Or did you mean that he came after the Alpha Gate was buried?

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

Yes, that's what I meant.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can anyone think of what other helmets they could have? Hathor... a bulls head. (I think the bull motif or cow, was used on the costume of her first prime).

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps