Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Subway to the stars (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Subway to the stars
Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Realizing that connections are more important than location when it comes to navigation maps, I've prepared a new map of the late 22nd century Federation core. (As always, the stars and their possible connections are based on astro data from Winchell Chung.) The star sizes and colors indicate system population and z-axis distance from Sol, respectively.

-

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...and no matter how many times you study it, you always miss the Bakerloo to Victoria line stop...oh wait.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Doctor Jonas
Member # 481

- posted      Profile for Doctor Jonas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, LOVE it. This is the kind of nerd art I like [Razz]
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Still not as complex or confusing as the Moscow Metro.

Also, I don't get the color/axis relationship buy studying it. And cute that you use the FJ 40 Eridani logo instead of the IDIC

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's all Cyrillic to me.

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Shik:
Still not as complex or confusing as the Moscow Metro.

You call THAT complex? Crowded sure, but it ain't got nothing on the London tube.

--------------------

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ha! Tokyo laughs at the puny Moscow and London systems. The system here is complex and crowded!

The Harry Beck/London Tube�style subway map was based on this stellar map (380 kb): http://flareupload.pleh.net/uploads/232/2190CoreMap.jpg

--------------------

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

Wait, people actually travel on that thing? I thought it was some huge elaborate system to facilitate suicides without all that figuring out how to tie a noose bother...or maybe I'm thinking of the local TV stations...

--------------------

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

If you kill yourself by jumping in front of a train, your surviving family may be asked to compensate the government/transit company for the delay caused. Supposedly, this can run to hundreds of thousands of dollars if you delay bullet trains for several hours.

I haven't seen any suicides here, but my wife saw the aftermath of one a few years ago.

--------------------

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Moscow's can withstand nuclear attacks. BEAT THAT.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

Ok. Tokyo surrenders!

--------------------

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, rephrased, the Kreml can withstand a nuclear attack. The rest is...expendable.

Looking at that Trek map, I'm wondering if the Federation hasn't located the homeworld for islamic heaven? "61 Virginis" seems very appropriately placed. Live long and jihad. I baffle at the logistics of how the inhabitants manage to tag and beam the islamists at the exact second they are about to die, and why. Reminds me of a Harry Kim-episode.

HerbShrump
Member # 1230

- posted      Profile for HerbShrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why is Moscow's subway system sponsored by Marathon Oil?
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool! I'm a little surprised however that Earth only tubes directly to five planets, and one of them isn't Vulcan... Also, isn't it "Denobula"? [Smile]

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

I think the colors are a little too varied for a simple Z+/- scale. Perhaps a simpler red/yellow/green scale would be easier to read. Though it would be somewhat less accurate.

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps