Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » A new look at an old Bonaventure (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: A new look at an old Bonaventure
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Then maybe Scotty could have said-

"Thats the first warp ship (new design) of the this century."

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Exactly, but isn't it considered canon now? It'd be like someone saying the Enterprise doesn't exist, Masao aside.
Masao never said Enterprise didn't exist. He said that he wasn't going to change the Starfleet Museum to reflect what was shown on ENT. That was his choice, but it doesn't constitute a denial of the existence of ENT.

I, however, personally feel that all four years of Enterprise was just a holodeck re-creation by Riker, and that the real events of 2151-54 were completely different. And no one is going to convince me otherwise [Wink]

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll say it now. Enterprise doesn't exist! I'm not sure about Bonaventure.

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Er, and since when is TAS "canon now"? What did I miss?
aridas
Member # 1051

- posted      Profile for aridas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As long as we are talking Bonaventure, this is what I'm working on as a means to give some Trek meaning to that odd shape seen in TAS.

http://home.comcast.net/~aridas/Tritium_Bonaventure.jpg

The background I'm considering has this Bonaventure be a research prototype for a class of cruisers whose design is tweaked somewhat in response to the loss of the first ship.

--------------------
Feeling nostalgic for that old time Trek religion? Visit the Federation Reference Series online!

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looking at that... maybe the Bonaventure was a systems test-bed for tech that eventually was incorporated in the Constitution Class?
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I,like Shik, enjoy Jein's Bonaventure as well. I feel it could fit continuity better than the Bonaventure in TAS(ie it could have been the ship Cochrane used to leave Earth and end up on the planet with the she-cloud). The TAS Bonaventure could be err...shoved into canon as the "first warp ship" of the Federation in the sense that it could have been the first ship developed with the combined input of early Federation members, whereas the Daedalus may have predated the Federation's founding and be an entirely Earthly design.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.