Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Intrepid and Iceland models (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Intrepid and Iceland models
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
These were created by one of my subscriptions on YouTube, Adam Kopala ( http://www.youtube.com/user/adam145 )

I figure that you folks might find these interesting.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v326/adam145/grafika/expanse.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v326/adam145/grafika/delta23.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v326/adam145/grafika/delta24.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v326/adam145/grafika/delta25.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v326/adam145/grafika/gold4.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v326/adam145/grafika/intrepid17.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v326/adam145/grafika/intrepid18.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v326/adam145/grafika/intrepid19.jpg

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excellent model work. Really nice. Great detail. A bit more time on textures/lighting would make a big difference and really show them off. Anyway, thanks for sharing.
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
These were created by one of my subscriptions on YouTube, Adam Kopala
Just to clarify that these aren't mine, but I have posted them here with permission from their creator.

I mentioned to him that there weren't many good models of thre Iceland and the Neptune, and he said that is why he created these. He has many short fly-bys and action shots of them on his youtube page. I think the Iceland model is spot on. Too bad we didn't see more of these guys in the series.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

-George Carlin

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He's been posting these on Scifi-meshes as well. His current build is the NX testbed ship, which looks quite nice so far.

The weapons effects he uses in his videos are really well done, they look just like they do in the series.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice models.
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice sean.

I'll pitch the same thing to you that I do the others. While the space scenes are nice and all do a few like you are in a dry dock, between the gantries and the ship, lots of lighting to see details.

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

Again,

*****THESE AREN'T MINE!*****

However,I will however pass on your complements to Adam. I'm sure he'd love to hear anything you guys have to say.

I 'm still having trouble figuring out how to work the Paint Shop Pro program that Shik gave me.

Maybe, in a few months, when I can really sit down and play with PSP, I'll churn out something worth posting here. I think the first thing I might try to tackle will be one of the drawings I did in my spare time last summer. Just simple (extremely) pencil line drawings, but I figure they will be easy to learn with. I might actually post one of the drawings, to get any opinions before I attempt to model it.

--------------------

-George Carlin

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm about 80% done with a DS9 era Iceland model.
It's a nifty configuration.

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

I've heard people complain that the Iceland looks like a Romulan BoP, and that is somehow bad. If you think of it, for a ship that was probably built on Earth, or another planet, and would probably be based off of planets, seeing as how there probably weren't many starbases around when these ships were originally built. So, they would probably need to be capable of atmospheric flight, and ( don't hold me to this, as I know squat about engineering) isn't a bird/delta like design ideal for flight?

I can't wait 'til that model is done, Jason. My modeling capabilities are limited to opening the box, and following the instructions and praying that what I build looks somewhat like the picture on the box. I've seen some of your other models, which are fantastic. How long have you been modeling?

--------------------

-George Carlin

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been modeling for about eight years- my early stuff is SO BAD that I occasionally go back, strip the kit and re-paint it at my current skill livel.
I'm doing that with my Skyhook NeghVar model right now- and I'm adding all the disruptor turretts that are on the studio model but were unseen untill the Christie's auction pics came out.

Actually, it's the triangular ship with the swept-back nacelles and the Sabre-ish bridge I have going- the Iceland is the one that looks like a Decepticon Sweeps.

As to atmospheric entry, early in-system colonization would not have any atmosphere to enter anyway: the Lunar colony surely would not and other in-system intrests like mining the asteroid belt or harvesting volitiles from the gas giants would not need atmospheric capability either.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, dumbass. The one you're making is the Iceland. The other is the Sarajevo-type.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

I'm with Shik on this one.

I figured Atmospheric flight characteristics would be usefull if the ship was built on the earth's surface. And, for landing on planets to be explored. The thing doesn't look like it has a shuttle bay, but even if it did, it ight be more efficient to land the whole ship sometimes.

--------------------

-George Carlin

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Ah, I was mistaken (fuck you, shikkie, you skirt-wearing poodle-walker [Wink] ).
The ship's strange concave aft section might conceal a small shuttlepod berth (hey, if the Defiant can have one, why not?).

Did anyone ever really refer to the triangular ship as anything? Or is this a Flare designation?

I recall Shikkie used to build a model or three as well- before he became cold and bitter to the world and it's wonders.

Sean, got any model pics? Several million years back, I sent someone here a 3-piece kit (cant recall who) and I still have an extra ambassador or two I could send you if you want to try modeling in "the sacred scale".

Pretty much every class of ship is available from TOS-DS9 in 1400th and 2500th scales. Super baddass Nova class coming out this month too.

Check out Starshipmodeler.com - fastest way to become a seriously great modeler is by reading their forums on construction, finishing and super-detailing.
A lot of those guys put by best work to shame.

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

What is the "sacred scale"?

--------------------

-George Carlin

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1:2500. Jason works in that scale exclusively.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps