Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Federation Hopper design I'm stealing from Rick Sternbach (Page 8)

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Federation Hopper design I'm stealing from Rick Sternbach
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ahkileez:
Looking good, Rev. Love the Rodger Young reference [Smile]

I've used it before, way back when I adapted the old Federation-Class dreadnought into something more appropriate to the NCC-21xx range (yes, I designed a warship, try not to faint!) I've gotten in the habit of reusing the same starship names, giving different regs for different eras. Why should the Enterprise be the only name with a legacy?
In this instance, the Rodge is a Steamrunner-Class and of course it would usually be partnered with the Valley Forge. [Wink]

quote:
Originally posted by shikaru808:
Roger Young [Smile]

Loved Starship Troopers. But is that thing up front an antenna or a weapon?

Sternbach's original sketch has that labelled as the "main sensor". In this instance I imagine it would be the primary active sensor, as opposed to the many other passive sensors. On the tactical hopper it would be used to cut through jamming, on the civilian model it'd be used to make long range observations.

quote:
Originally posted by Sean:
The hopper might be from the Roger Young, hence why the ncc number is stamped on it. Kind like a shuttle craft. It looks to me that the hopper's registry is RVK06190/B, whatever that means...

Correct.

The number itself is just a serial number, vaguely patterned after RAF aircraft numbers. The "/B" indicates it's attached to a mothership, rather than a ground installation.

quote:
Originally posted by Shik:
Rodger Young. Bitches.

Thank you Shik, always helpful. Keep taking those pills.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't stand misnomers.

I don't know what to tell you that hasn't been said before, other than I keep thinking those are treads & that it's made for the Imperial Space Marines. Oh, & that it looks a lot like Soviet ACVs, which might actually be an avenue you want to explore.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well in a way they are treads. I had an idea about a series of anti-grav generators running along the bottom of the pontoon and working in alternating pairs to give the craft some serious lifting power and solid stability on uneven ground and adverse weather conditions.
They also provide flanking cover for disembarking troops and can be quickly detached in flight in an emergency.

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Reverend:
quote:
Originally posted by Shik:
Rodger Young. Bitches.

Thank you Shik, always helpful. Keep taking those pills.
Possibly the single funniest thing I've ever seen you post, Rev.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

I have my moments.

--------------------

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps