Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Daedalus Class

Author Topic: Daedalus Class
OverRon
Member # 2036

- posted      Profile for OverRon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I haven't been modelling much in the last couple of months due to RL stuff. So before I start on the Antares again, I thought I'd whip up a quick Daedalus Class.

Couldn't find that many schematics of it about, so if you notice any glaring errors, let me know. Or even better, give me a link for some decent schematics and I'll amend the mesh.

Anyways here we go:

6 views brightly lit

-  -  -
 -  -  -

OverRon
Member # 2036

- posted      Profile for OverRon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And 8 random perspective shots:

-  -  -  -
 -  -  -  -

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lookin' nice...I had almost forgotten about the Antares. [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sweet. I love the color.
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Somewhere between enterprise's techno-grey/silver, and TOS's pasty glow-in-the-dark ghost-ship white. I like the "solar" flyby shot. The ship is oddly transparent there, but I like it all the same. [Wink]

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

-George Carlin

OverRon
Member # 2036

Yeah, I was going for something in between the two.

There are a few things I'm not sure about, such as what those nodules things are on the bottom aft of the nacelles. Plus on the schematics I was using, there were no running lights fittings, spotlights, or any noticeable photon launchers, deflector dish or phaser cannons.

I'm not sure whether to add them on or stay true to the schematics. As I took liberties with the name/registry font, thinking that it makes more sense to use the same font as the connie.

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There were some really good reference photos posted here a while ago of the model from Sisko's office. I'm not sure if it had photon launchers and the like, but it may have had details that those schematics didn't.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

As for photon launchers and phasers, I'm sure you could descretely add them where you feel they are are appropriate, seems as in canon, this design follows the NX, and predates the Connie.

The NX had visible, but not too noticable torpedo tubes, and ports that the phase cannons retracted into, which were barely noticeable as well, whereas the Connie had pretty much no visible weapons emplacements. Since the Daedalus fits into the timeline more closely to the NX than the Connie, I'd suggest some small unobtrusive weapons ports placed in "strategic" points around the ship.
You could easily put all the torpedo tubes in the saucer..er...bulb, on, or close o the same deck, following closely to the NX's 4 in front, 2 in back motif, those wwere single shot tubes, I think, so if technology advances, you could easily do with fewer launchers.

The deflector, could be an NX-like defrlector on the front of the sphere, sunk into the saucer hull ( a connie style deflector would work too, as long as it is sunken into the hull) or, could probably be put underneath the "neck" ( where I always thought it was anyway) on the secondary hull.

I'm going to shut up now. [Smile]

--------------------

-George Carlin

OverRon
Member # 2036

That sounds kinda like a ship of my own design I made ages ago:

-

shikaru808
T-t-t-t-today, JUNIOR!
Member # 2080

- posted      Profile for shikaru808     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NX'ed Daedalus. Nice. I'm not real into the slanted pylons though, but good work.

--------------------
"Its coming on. I just saw the wall move..."

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

Double nacelles? Interesting... Yeah, I was going in a more "NX" direction with my suggestions, you know, phase cannons instead of phasers, and a more metalic hull plating, rather than stark white plating. Mainly because, chronologically, the Daedalus is a closer relativen to the NX than to the Constitution.

IMO, slanted pylons look better when they are above or below horzontal, angled up or down. Nice designs though.

--------------------

-George Carlin

OverRon
Member # 2036

And just a little vid of it

-

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice! I love it when it swoops back in on the ship in orbit. You really get a sense that it's miles above the surface. Coolness.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps