Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Logos, Logos Everywhere... (Part III) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Logos, Logos Everywhere... (Part III)
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Got my hands on some better reference material so corrected allot of mistakes and mislabelings.

Too many to post at once (or at twice for that matter) so just clear down your caches and refresh the page for the ones on page 1 and here's some from the old thread...

-  -  -
 -  -  -

And some new ones...

-  -

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And the rest of the updates from the last thread.
 -  -  -  -  -

--------------------

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The engine pods on the Thunderbolt patch look a little off. Like they're at a skewed angle. Might just be because of the angle & the cranking.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

Yeah, it's a weird disappearing point, but the style suits.

Anyway, I fixed the Narn and did a few more.
 -  -  -  -  -  -

Made a start on the Vorlon one, but it's going to be a bugger getting that done right.

--------------------

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Strategic". Also, I'd hyphenate "off-world".

Always thought it was funny how much the Minbari emblem resembled IDIC.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

The typo is fixed, but the original didn't hyphenate 'Off World' and these are supposed to be re-creations, so it'll stay as is.

P.S. another one done.
 -

--------------------

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice work! Whoever designed the original Starfury & Thunderbolt patches needs to be sacked. When did we see the B1, B2 & B3 logos?
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

Supposedly they were used in the set dressing for "War Without End" - B4 being built, at least in part from already completed sections and prefab compartments that survived the destruction of the first three stations. The source of my reference materials are supposedly scans from the official magazine, so it's seams authentic enough.

As for the fury patches, they're honestly about on par with some real life aviation patches I've seen, so it's not that terrible. Especially for a bit of background costume that is BARELY visible on screen.

--------------------

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

Thanks to Jörg, the screen cap king himself, I've been put in contact with a collector of authentic B5 costume pieces (who is also apparantly mates with someone who worked on the show) and has been kind enough to offer me some nice big reference photos of the actual patches used on the show.
So here's the first of the bunch.
 -
 -
 -
Much more to come.

--------------------

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very nice! Was it really spelled "HONOUR" in that Academy one?

Any chance of seeing those reference photos ourselves? [Big Grin]

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

*Double checks*
No, that's just me being British and not paying attention. Fixed it, just clear your cache & refresh.

As for showing off the reference scans, Like I said these are from a private collector, so I don't think he'd appreciate that. Just trust that I'm very good at reproductions...misspellings aside. [Wink]

[ October 16, 2008, 12:42 PM: Message edited by: Reverend ]

--------------------

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

Need a little help here. Can anyone identify this font?
 -

--------------------

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tried searching WhatTheFont?, but it didn't provide any precise results.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

Yeah I tried that too, hence my appeal for assistance. [Wink]

Basically it's a a typeface used on some B5 signage and while I can trace the lettering (as I did above) just fine, it's better to have the font.

Anyway, here's some more logos...
 -  -  -
 -  -  -  -

--------------------

CSFSec
Member # 2154

- posted      Profile for CSFSec     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello, this is my first post here on Flare Sci-Fi Forums but I'd like to say that I've enjoyed this site for a while and this is my favorite topic. I use many of Reverend's logos as computer desktops so I'd like to say thank you to Reverend for his talented work.

I'll begin by making a request:

Reverend, a while back I noticed in your Space Agencies chart found here:
Star Trek Minutiae website
that you made a 24th century Starfleet Command seal. I've tried to create one using your work as a template but I could never get it quite right. I could come close but not quite. I was wondering if you could post the Starfleet Command seal. Thanks.

Now to B5. I love the Earthforce Medical Corps seal and I have always felt that EF Medical shouldn't be the only division of Earthforce with it's own seal and was wondering if you could create an Earthforce Security seal. I have always been a big supporter of law enforcement and I love how security personnel were always shown in a good light in both Star Trek and B5. Of course, there is no rush so whenever you get to it will be fine.

The only seals I have created were created by heavily using Reverend's work as a template and I could never get the text wraparound the top of the seal right without borrowing from another seal. However, if anyone wants to see some of them let me know, and with Reverend's permission, I will post them.

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps