Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Logos, Logos Everywhere... (Part III) (Page 3)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Logos, Logos Everywhere... (Part III)
CSFSec
Member # 2154

- posted      Profile for CSFSec     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I forgot to list the seals I've created:

Starfleet Sciences
Starfleet JAG (a circular seal as opposed to oval)
Starfleet Intelligence (as its own agency)
Starfleet Special Operations
Starfleet Marine Corps
Starfleet MACOs

Like I said, many of these heavily rely on Reverend's work so I'll need his permission prior to posting.

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't intend to invent any B5 logos. They're all actual logos taken from actual set pieces, graphics or costume pieces. As for EF security, there's already a badge, two division patches and a couple of Mars Pol logos.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

CSFSec
Member # 2154

- posted      Profile for CSFSec     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, thanks Reverend. I have created some Earthforce division seals but I once again used your work as a template and want to know if it's okay to post them.
CSFSec
Member # 2154

Also, do you have an update on the SFC seal? I only ask because you didn't address it in the last post. Thanks again!
Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Reverend:
Need a little help here. Can anyone identify this font?
 -

Did you try emailing Geoffrey Mandel through his website? Several years ago I had some questions about TOS font, and he answered them.

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Masao:
quote:
Originally posted by Reverend:
Need a little help here. Can anyone identify this font?
 -

Did you try emailing Geoffrey Mandel through his website? Several years ago I had some questions about TOS font, and he answered them.
Never occured to me, I wasn't aware Mandel worked on B5. Not that it matters so much now, I went and extrapolated the whole alphabet from that sample, now it's just a matter of being bored enough to import it into a font creator program. [Wink]

--------------------

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whoops. Sorry. I thought he had.

Apparently, he applied for the B5 job, but got beat out by Alan Kobayashi (who's also worked for Trek).

I found Kobayashi's cell phone number and email address on this page. Give him a call!

http://www.artdirectors.org/?theme=art_portfolio&content=product_gallery&ID=6469

--------------------

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

Yeah, I can see that conversation lasting a little over three seconds!

--------------------

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

FYI

I came across a recent interview (Sept 08) in which Mike Okuda talks about his Trek and NASA graphic designs.

http://www.thespacereview.com/article/1215/1

--------------------

CSFSec
Member # 2154

I'll be seeing the new film on Friday and hopefully will notice some new seals/logos that I can get screencaps of in near future and make some requests. I have noticed one already that looks very similar to one of Reverend's seals.

The seals can be seen in the following screencaps from TrekCore.com.
http://movies.trekcore.com/gallery/albums/xi/screencaps/prerelease/aaaaa4.jpg

http://movies.trekcore.com/gallery/albums/xi/screencaps/prerelease/aaaimage3.jpg

http://movies.trekcore.com/gallery/albums/xi/screencaps/trailer/trailer031.jpg

Just thought I'd point these out to everyone!

Blue387
Member # 2157

- posted      Profile for Blue387     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not working, no hotlinking, CSF.
CSFSec
Member # 2154

Hm, they seemed to work when I uploaded them. OK, I guess just go to http://movies.trekcore.com/gallery/ then click on "Star Trek Screencaps" next to a picture of the new crew from the film. There will be a file called "pre-release screencaps." Just click that and your be able to find the screencaps I tried to link to.

The first one is of some hanger bay containing multiple shuttlecraft. On the walls you will notice the Starfleet logo I was talking about.

The second one is a picture of Spock talking to Uhura in the same hangerbay. The Starfleet logo is larger and you can see it better.

The third one is when Kirk rides up to where the Enterprise is being built. The logo's really small in that one.

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

It's been a while and I've done a bunch more logos.
 -  -  -  -  -

And while I'm at it, I've begun a chart of the various EF uniforms, though it's still sketchy in places and I'm not 100% sure what some of them are for.
 -

--------------------

Babaloo
Member # 2014

- posted      Profile for Babaloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Always a pleasure to see what you've come up with Reverend.
The Ginger Beacon
Member # 1585

- posted      Profile for The Ginger Beacon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did the Thieves Guild nick their logo from the Cardassians, or was it the other way around?

--------------------
I have plenty of experience in biology. I bought a Tamagotchi in 1998... And... it's still alive.

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps