Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Logos, Logos Everywhere... (Part III) (Page 4)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Logos, Logos Everywhere... (Part III)
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well they are thieves, yes?

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Theives Guild logo just needs clovers and horseshoes...I always thought Lucky got that gold via nefarious means.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Theives Guild logo just needs clovers and horseshoes...I always thought Lucky got that gold via nefarious means.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Come again?

--------------------

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

Done a few more this week, mainly focusing on the ship logos: -
 -  -  -  -

I've also been making an attempt to figure out a map of exactly where the sectors (Blue, Red, Green etc.) begin and end. So far I've found two different maps that appeared onscreen as well as the one on the Security Manual. If anyone knows of any other variations, I'd be very appreciative!
 -
Oh and I've also been continuing to dabble with the rank insignias.
 -

--------------------

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You've been busy! I'm not sure what all those insignias mean, but they look good. Odd looking star they used on them, though.

As for the map, I can't say any of them look quite right to me, but I assume you're just cataloging the variations for the wiki? I found one here that looks similar to the "Signs & Portents" one, but not quite. Not sure where that one came from. There's another here (scroll down), but it looks fan-made, and honestly looks even more wrong to me. Since you're familiar with the wiki, I assume you've seen this screencap too? One last map I found looks to be made for an RPG, but actually makes the most sense out of all of them to me. It's on this page, just scroll to the bottom and download the zipped PDF.

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

I should probably say that the insignia inside the grey boxes are my own conjecture, just to fill in the gaps.

For now I'm cataloguing the "official" versions; I do have my own particular version of what I think it should really be, but I'd rather not release that until I'm done collating data and have a complete idea.

There are a few complications, mainly to do with the grey, brown and yellow sectors.
With Grey sector, on the graphics it has a habit of either disappearing entirely, switching places with brown or being relegated to the zero-G sections, which contradicts "Grey 17 is Missing" among others where Grey sector (or at least part of it) has gravity and thus must be in the carousel. I think part of the brown/grey confusion stems from the cramped industrial nature of both areas, though Brown sector has been seen to contain businesses, hotels and an open marketplace.
Brown sector, aside from switching with Grey half the time, keeps being refereed to as being synonymous with Downbelow, though there have been several instances where a "Downbelow" area has been seen to be in other sectors.
Yellow sector is something else entierly, in that it's never mentioned on screen (as far as I can tell) and the background info seems to consistently have it encompassing the fusion reactor and sometimes the support structure, all the way down to the forward cargo stabilisers. Either way, strictly a zero-G area, however, in 'TKO', the Mutai and the surrounding area has yellow sector markings, which is a bit of a problem.

--------------------

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

Just two more this time. The Vorlon one might not look like much but it was a complete bugger getting all the tendrils right. I've got the Starfury squad patches done, I just need to figure out which "wing" patch each one corresponds to.
 -
 -

--------------------

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

All ship logos this time: -
 -  -  -  -  -
It can be tough finding good reference for these things! Still have the Heracles, Hermes, Cortez, Apollo, Churchill, Excalibur and Gideon's old Explorer on the "to-do" list, with a question mark next to the Cadmus & Persephone.

--------------------

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

I realise there's only about three people who still visit this place, but still...
 -  -  -  -  -  -  -

--------------------

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool! Where'd you get the Technomage sigil from?

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

The Ginger Beacon
Member # 1585

- posted      Profile for The Ginger Beacon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ohh. That's fired up some very dormant grey cells! Nice.

--------------------
I have plenty of experience in biology. I bought a Tamagotchi in 1998... And... it's still alive.

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

quote:
Originally posted by MinutiaeMan:
Cool! Where'd you get the Technomage sigil from?

Crusade. It was on one of the data screen in 'Well of Forever', when they were linking up Galen's ship with the Excalibur's computer, IIRC.

Note for the trivia inclined: The Sigma logos were worn by Ivanova's brother in the prequel movie and if you watch the delete scenes from 'Sleeping in Light' you can see it on display in General Ivanova's office (along with her old Starfury helmet, a statue of Shokalla and Marcus's old Denn'bok - originally intended for Sakai.)

--------------------

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahh, B5. How I miss thee... [Frown]

Hm. B5 re-imagining? [Wink]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Fabrux:
Hm. B5 re-imagining? [Wink]

BURN THE HERETIC!!!!! [Wink]

Though I wouldn't mind seeing the show get the TOS Remastered treatment. Even though it's so recent a show, the early CGI is rather... primitive, to say the least. Compare "Midnight on the Firing Line" to "In the Beginning" (or heck, the "Lost Tales" DVD), and the changes are quite startling.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.