Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Logos, Logos Everywhere... (Part III) (Page 5)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Logos, Logos Everywhere... (Part III)
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well if WB ever want to release the show on BluRay, then that's exactly what they'll have to do. No amount of post production fiddling can make the existing effects footage suitable for HD. The resolution of the original renders are what you're stuck with and as it is it was just barely OK for DVD.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone care to participate in a little experiment?

I recently designed a new logo for the B5 Wikia, but the admin had a terrible time trying to upload the thing. No matter what he did he kept seeing the old one in it's place (even after a cache clear) and for my part, it appears to alternate between my new one and the old one, apparantly at random.

So if anyone has a spare 2 mins, have a look here, click around a few random articles and see if the logo on the left stays the same or if it changes at all. I'm curious to see if this is a bug with the wikia or just our caches playing silly buggers.

--------------------

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Clicked around a bit, and the only logo I get is a blue and silver crest shield, with a 5 impaled on a sword.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Makotokat
Member # 1041

- posted      Profile for Makotokat         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Same here. Seemed stable
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, the logo is stable here too. I'd say its a cache thing.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

Thanks, though I should probably have said that this is what the new logo is supposed to be: -
 -

While we're at it, have a look at the flight wings here and tell me if they're all the same style or if two of them don't match. No matter how many time I clear my cache I still see the older version of two of them!

--------------------

Babaloo
Member # 2014

- posted      Profile for Babaloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Reverend:
I realise there's only about three people who still visit this place, but still...
 -  -  -  -  -  -  -

I'm always checking in to see if you've come up with any more great logos. Thanks for these, I was beginning to go through withdrawl. :)
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

Keep in mind they're just reproductions, I very rarely come up with anything original.

--------------------

CSFSec
Member # 2154

- posted      Profile for CSFSec     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Reverend, is the Earth Alliance Security seal an original because I don't remember seeing it in the show? In any case, the EA Security seal is my second favorite seal that you've posted, with my favorite being your Starfleet Security seal that you created a while back.

Babaloo, I also check this website regularly (at least once a week) to see if anything new is posted.

So, great work Reverend, reproductions or not, your work is always of the highest quality and I use a lot of your seals as wallpaper so thanks.

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

I see a pattern emerging with your favourites. Though yes, the EA Security logo was seen on screen in the 5th season. I forget the name of the episode, but it's the one where they arrest Lyta.

--------------------

CSFSec
Member # 2154

- posted      Profile for CSFSec     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The name of the episode is "Wheel of Fire."

Anyway, I was wondering if you've done a recreation of the ISN logo yet? Thanks.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MinutiaeMan:
quote:
Originally posted by Fabrux:
Hm. B5 re-imagining? [Wink]

BURN THE HERETIC!!!!! [Wink]

Though I wouldn't mind seeing the show get the TOS Remastered treatment. Even though it's so recent a show, the early CGI is rather... primitive, to say the least. Compare "Midnight on the Firing Line" to "In the Beginning" (or heck, the "Lost Tales" DVD), and the changes are quite startling.

In that vein, I've started watching B5 again. Just finished season 2. [Smile]

--------------------

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

While you're at it, think you can keep an eye out for this logo?
 -
Like here for example: -
 -
I've seen it in customs but have yet to spot it anywhere else and I'm trying to figure out when they switched it for the old one. The only other place I've seen it crop up is on the old cancelled Sierra game's website, so I'm presuming it's official.

--------------------

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

Hm. Well, I'll look in season 3 but its probably the new one all season. The sets got spruced up a bit and presumably after the IA is formed there wouldn't be any League logos anywhere...

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Fabrux:
In that vein, I've started watching B5 again. Just finished season 2. [Smile]

Be sure to post in when the Shadows and Vorlons become candyasses at the end of season 3. [Wink]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.