Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » www.jaynz.info (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: www.jaynz.info
Vanguard
Member # 1780

- posted      Profile for Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, everyone. I'm still messing with the basics on this site, but would really appreciate feedback on how it's coming together, what anyone would like, and so on.

Jaynz is, basically, my version of "Janes Fighting Ships" for the TOS-TMP period, heavily drawing on the fandom rather than later 'canon'. As such I want to handle a lot of the material the JFS handles for contemporary navies.

It's still very much in the rough and early stages... but that's probably a good time to get feedback.

www.jaynz.info

--------------------
www.pixelsagas.com
www.jaynz.info - The Record of Star Fleet

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is periously close to spam... I'll let it stay for now.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Spam? Uh, how? He's contributed to Flare before, and is posting his Star Trek-related site in D, A, & C. How is that any different from, say, Masao posting links to the Starfleet Museum? I thought "spam" was anything non-Flare-related posted by a newbie on his first post.
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm with Dukhat. The site looks nice, by the way. Could use a bit more content though... [Wink]

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Toadkiller
Member # 425

- posted      Profile for Toadkiller     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I agree to this being notspam.

The site's a nice begining - if you're going to use the same picture more than once, and maybe even if you don't, some verbage for each ship describing the design, etc., is pretty standard for a Jane's publication.

Nice site though....

MK

--------------------
Twee bieren tevreden, zullen mijn vriend betalen.

Vanguard
Member # 1780

- posted      Profile for Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll have another batch tommorow... I'm going to be grabbing some verbage from my Jaynz PDFs from a few months ago.

As for the Saladin and variants, they actually AREN'T the same image, though, yeah... kinda looks that way for those ships, doesn't it? [Smile]

--------------------
www.pixelsagas.com

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Going verbatim for the definition of spam, it is posting a new thread for the purpose of advertising for a website. But we usually let it slide for established members.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not that I have any kind of authority to say the rules suck (;P) but it seems like a personal Trek website posted in DAC is...sort of what DAC is for, isn't it? To post your artshit?
Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The rules don't suck, not by a long shot. All I'm saying is that I didn't think they applied in Vanguard's case.

Anyway, we're getting off topic. Cool site :-)

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Off topic? On Flare? *clutches chest*

A good beginning. If fleshed out properly it should be a very cool site.

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It should be placed on the sig of your profile.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Vanguard
Member # 1780

quote:
It should be placed on the sig of your profile.
Not a bad idea, and it's done. Yay!

quote:
A good beginning. If fleshed out properly it should be a very cool site.
Thanks! It's definately just a beginning, but I'm enjoying getting this together and honing my web-fu - to say nothing of trying to get so many pages of text organized!

--------------------
www.pixelsagas.com

Toadkiller
Member # 425

- posted      Profile for Toadkiller     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Vanguard:

As for the Saladin and variants, they actually AREN'T the same image, though, yeah... kinda looks that way for those ships, doesn't it? [Smile]

OK, but I'd still want some explanation as to why they were so similar and yet not just considered different "flights" (or whatever) of the same class. Not that such couldn't be explained.

Be nice excuse to throw in some other cool ship pictures, however. If you have access to them.

Have to go - large numbers of birds are invading my back yard and it may be time to flee!

--------------------
Twee bieren tevreden, zullen mijn vriend betalen.

Vanguard
Member # 1780

Ah, I've got a HUGE gallery of ships to draw from and update, so the sheer amount isn't a trick. It's more fitting them in, and deciding which ones make sense, and which ones don't.

There are, by the way, some writeups avaialble on the articles for the ships already uploaded. Hopefully my fluency in typo isn't going to be an issue.

--------------------
www.pixelsagas.com

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*conducts CPR on this thread*

Not too bad Vanguard, should be good as it develops.

Maybe some images to give it some flavor, mini three view shots or something.

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps