Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » www.jaynz.info (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: www.jaynz.info
Vanguard
Member # 1780

- posted      Profile for Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It definately needs more, to be sure. One of the issues, oddly enough, is that I'm modelling it on the real Janes' site somewhat, which is surprisingly uber-spartan. I hate to load up on the 'trek imagery' just to add color and look to the palce, but I think I'm going to have to.

--------------------
www.pixelsagas.com
www.jaynz.info - The Record of Star Fleet

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Definitely neeeds images...maybe even an inclusion of all the fan-made attempts to flesh-out a particluar class (Apollo, Antares, etc).
Theres at least three or four of each unseen design but no one has them all in one place with a breakdown of each design's pro's and cons.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Vanguard
Member # 1780

- posted      Profile for Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not too sure about adding a lot of 'outside' stuff, in that I don't want to really be out of character. It would be one thing to show 'proposals' in character, but six radically different designs for an obscure transport mentioned in chatter would be outside of Jaynz' scope, I think.

--------------------
www.pixelsagas.com

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I guess so, but from a fan perspective it's annoying when the writer of suck things uses a design that you hate when one you love was available.
Even the very best article is going to be ruined if the attached image is a six-nacelled Soverign cut-n-paste. [Wink]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Vanguard
Member # 1780

*laughs*

You know me better than that. I honestly doubt that you'll see more than the Federation class and its upgrade in Jaynz.

--------------------
www.pixelsagas.com

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd like to see the USS Lollipop, but we never did find out if it is a class of it's own.

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Vanguard
Member # 1780

You do realize that you just signed away any rights to defense you have of your testicles, right? [Razz]

But, actually, I was going to throw the USS Lollipop as an 'Antares' type freighter. [Smile]

--------------------
www.pixelsagas.com

The Ginger Beacon
Member # 1585

- posted      Profile for The Ginger Beacon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Surely it should be Temple class?

--------------------
I have plenty of experience in biology. I bought a Tamagotchi in 1998... And... it's still alive.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stop calling me Shirley!

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Vanguard
Member # 1780

Right, unless you go see "American Carol" (in which the real challenge is to find a theatre that hasn't banned it), you're not allowed to make Airplane jokes. [Smile]

I was looking for a good name for the class. "Sherman" is what a lot of fandom calls it, but I'm actually thinking that the name's too militant for a freighter. (Granted, it could be Sherman of "Sherman and Peabody", which appeals to me.. but...)

--------------------
www.pixelsagas.com

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps