Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Vanguard's Color Tests (Page 1)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Vanguard's Color Tests
Vanguard
Member # 1780

- posted      Profile for Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Color test, using PNG format. I wanted to see how clean this was, since the old JPGs I did were so munged I couldn't stand them. So this is a whole new thingie...

FJ Bulk Container, fairly basic and good for gradient tests.

-

--------------------
www.pixelsagas.com
www.jaynz.info - The Record of Star Fleet

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks good! Can't wait to see its hauler.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yup! That's grey, alright. [Razz] Well done!

You know what I'd like to see, though? More closeup details on the containers. For example, what does the connection point between train-linked containers actually look like up close? Is there a pass-through for people and turbolifts, power or other materials? And what about the connection point to the hauler?

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Vanguard
Member # 1780

- posted      Profile for Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep, it's gray! [Smile] Really the test was to see if the PNG format would munge everything like JPG did. It didn't, so I'm a lot happier!

I've considered doing some detail drawings of common pieces that are asked about. FJ left a lot of details (like the interconnector) pretty vague. I'll definately look at giving that section a go for Jaynz in the future, though.

As for the container's 'Hauler', the 2245 version of the Ptolemy is three projects out, actually. (Starliner is first, then 2245 Saladin, the Ptolemy).

--------------------
www.pixelsagas.com

Vanguard
Member # 1780

Second test, more color, and more details.. the Starliner pod

-

--------------------
www.pixelsagas.com

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Personally, I would like to see a hair more contrast between the darkest and lightest grays.

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Vanguard
Member # 1780

Well, since these are 'kitbash' pieces, I didn't want to have the contrast too great, lest I make the pieces unusable from ship to ship. Granted, it may be very likely I'm playing it too safe with this, but this is my first major venture into this kind of art, so...

Anyway, the first of two planned updates today, the PB-31 MK-1

-

--------------------
www.pixelsagas.com

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oddly, I'd imagine a real starliner pod to have LOTS of windows. Assuming that the average Joe Federation Citizen would want to look outside as 50% of typical passengers on today's liners.

Mind you, what does a Starliner have to look at most of the time? empty starfields, warp streaks, or planets from orbit. Would most people want to see that? I would reason yes, as sightseers in the 23rd century would still want to see sights with their own eyes and not through a monitor. Should there not at least be a lido deck?

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Vanguard
Member # 1780

Well, I did at a LOT of windows. Remember, the original FJ Starliner pod didn't have any on them. Poor bastards.

--------------------
www.pixelsagas.com

Vanguard
Member # 1780

This is the next step of the 'Experiment', an actual ship. Obviously, this is the 'Cage' version of the USS Saladin, with the Humungodish that nearly completely obfuscates the warp engine - oops! Oh well...

Tommorow will likely be a little cleanup, and a quick attempt at the USS Ptolemy.

http://www.pixelsagas.com/gallery/albums/userpics/J_Fed_Saladin_2245.png

--------------------
www.pixelsagas.com

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Vanguard:
Well, I did at a LOT of windows. Remember, the original FJ Starliner pod didn't have any on them. Poor bastards.

Yes, thank you for that- I always thought those saps would be sneaking onto the tug to get to a window to relieve the clustrophobia.

Y'know, it does not have to be a Ptolemy lugging those around (I always thought that was a cheese design anyway, frankly).
 -

Please excuse the poor model- this was made a while ago. [Wink]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Vanguard
Member # 1780

Heh.. well, since this is for Jaynz, for Karen, and also was intended to be a Christmas gift for my uncle... I'm gonna stick with the Ptolemy. [Smile]

Also, redid the color of the cap (refresh), where it's now a lot closer to WNMHGB than the Cage, but it overall LOOKS better.

--------------------
www.pixelsagas.com

Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jason: More model pics please (Casts Summon linkie on Jason!)

Vanguard: (Casts MORE! MORE! on Vanguard)

Me likes! Lots!

and Jason? you should WORK for... who ever the fuck does the CGI shit for Paramount. You would make ST ship fanbois sing! SING, i say!

Vanguard
Member # 1780

USS Ptolemy Test (Unloaded)

Second of three '2245' designs, unless I decide to include something of FASA's FYW.. which I haven't really decided upon...

http://www.pixelsagas.com/gallery/albums/userpics/J_Fed_Ptolemy_2245.png

--------------------
www.pixelsagas.com

Vanguard
Member # 1780

Ptolemy, Loaded, by request

http://www.pixelsagas.com/gallery/albums/userpics/J_Fed_Ptolemy_Loaded_2245.png

--------------------
www.pixelsagas.com

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps