Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Vanguard's Color Tests (Page 2)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Vanguard's Color Tests
Vanguard
Member # 1780

- posted      Profile for Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Constitution Class Test

http://www.pixelsagas.com/gallery/albums/userpics/J_Fed_Constitution_2245.png

--------------------
www.pixelsagas.com
www.jaynz.info - The Record of Star Fleet

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lookin real good but that thing on the ship's nose should not be there....is that something unique to that ship?

I still have your FASA re-creations from the Starship Combat site- gotta get around to building some of those...

quote:
Originally posted by Pensive's Wetness:
Jason: More model pics please (Casts Summon linkie on Jason!)

Vanguard: (Casts MORE! MORE! on Vanguard)

Me likes! Lots!

and Jason? you should WORK for... who ever the fuck does the CGI shit for Paramount. You would make ST ship fanbois sing! SING, i say!

thank you- I brag to all my Trek pals that Masao posts here and I speak to his greatness and everything and how one day I'll get discovered like he was....
I'll see if I can take some new pics of the USS Gao Yao when I photograph the newly assembled fleet (now three bookcases across!).

Vanguard, mind if I steal some of your details for an upcoming model I have in the works with pods?
That docking connection is groovy and would make a fine decal. [Smile]

[ November 28, 2008, 09:04 PM: Message edited by: Jason Abbadon ]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Vanguard
Member # 1780

- posted      Profile for Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Erm... what thing on the nose? I added a few 'physical details' to the Cage design, but not a whole lot, just the weapon mounts, and gangway, so you've lost me on this one.

As for the pod mounting details, feel free to use them. [Smile]

--------------------
www.pixelsagas.com

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That black mark with the red pinstripe at the fore of the saucer was there?
Huh.

Not to hijack the thread but I found those pics of that freighter for Pensive:
http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL2210/657989/1468230/27628595.jpg
http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL2210/657989/1468230/27628511.jpg

Vanguard, do you have any of those nifty "parts" layouts colored? I always meant to color sme of those for decal application but my old computer is no longer among the living (alas!) and all that stuff died with her.

Vanguard
Member # 1780

No toolkits of the parts yet. I probably won't do it until Jaynz 2250 is out. (Which I'm working on now, actually, so it won't be TOO long.)

And, yeah, the decals on the foreward of the ship were indeed on the Cage version. I'm not sure about the WNMHGB before, as references go either way. Of course, by production, ALL the Cage saucer markings were gone.

--------------------
www.pixelsagas.com

Vanguard
Member # 1780

FASA Ship Update - Loknar, Larson, Nelson classes...

http://www.pixelsagas.com/gallery/albums/userpics/J_Fed_Larson_2245.png
http://www.pixelsagas.com/gallery/albums/userpics/J_Fed_Loknar_2245.png
http://www.pixelsagas.com/gallery/albums/userpics/J_Fed_Nelson_2245.png

--------------------
www.pixelsagas.com

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wait, did the originals have the monster deflectors?

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Vanguard
Member # 1780

That's the size of the Cage dish...

--------------------
www.pixelsagas.com

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, I meant that the original Nelson, Loknar and Larson had no deflector dishes. It was just the sensor dome whatsit on the bottom.

Looks great though!

Mark

--------------------

Vanguard
Member # 1780

Oh? FASA didn't use the dish much on anything, honestly. I put them there to be consistant with the other designs.

I figure that by the time of the PB-31/Mod 3, the dishes will be gone for ships without secondary hulls to support them. (Making the deflectors explicitly part of the shield grid for ships lighter than cruisers)

--------------------
www.pixelsagas.com

Vanguard
Member # 1780

Heston Class Cruiser

http://www.pixelsagas.com/gallery/albums/userpics/J_Fed_Heston_2245.png

--------------------
www.pixelsagas.com

Vanguard
Member # 1780

Anton Class (torpedo placement tweak test)

http://www.pixelsagas.com/gallery/albums/userpics/J_Fed_Anton_2245.png

--------------------
www.pixelsagas.com

The Ginger Beacon
Member # 1585

- posted      Profile for The Ginger Beacon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What was the point of the Heston according to FASA? Was it just a smaller version of the connie?

Anyway, they're comming out nicely, but I'm not sure about the Cage style deflectors on some, the Anton especialy. I don't know what to do otherwise though, except maybe an NX-01 style cut out at the front, but that'd look rubbish.

--------------------
I have plenty of experience in biology. I bought a Tamagotchi in 1998... And... it's still alive.

Vanguard
Member # 1780

Well, fortunately, the 'Cage' era seems to be short. I have to do some quick math and sit-down and figure out exactly WHEN the phasing to the 'second pilot' could occur. Sometime between 2253 and 2266..

For FASA, the Heston has NOTHING on it, aside from being a cruiser just prior during the FYW.

--------------------
www.pixelsagas.com

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

Related to the Belknap family, methinks?

Mark

--------------------

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps