Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Vanguard's Color Tests (Page 4)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Vanguard's Color Tests
Vanguard
Member # 1780

- posted      Profile for Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man, didn't even catch that. (Yes it was the original Nordie, scaled up so I could measure it). I've been doing too much of this, I think.. probably should switch to writing up the data points.

--------------------
www.pixelsagas.com
www.jaynz.info - The Record of Star Fleet

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No worries. I've been in that boat before. I have a page here of ships that I've drawn from the TOS-TOS Movie era, but I only drew the ones that I liked, heh. The only one I've done a top view for so far is the Santee, never did get started on others.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Vanguard:
Nordenskjold Class
Starship goes QUACK?

http://www.pixelsagas.com/gallery/albums/userpics/J_Fed_Nordenskjold_2227.png

hmmm...from the top view, the ipulse engines look like a box of chinese food.
Maybe the ship's propelled by a fried rice drive. [Big Grin]

Hella cool work there Fabrux.

I'd like to see someone make a version of this with NX-01-style components: lots of bare metal and details, the NX style nacelles, etc.

Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Fabrux:
No worries. I've been in that boat before. I have a page here of ships that I've drawn from the TOS-TOS Movie era, but I only drew the ones that I liked, heh. The only one I've done a top view for so far is the Santee, never did get started on others.

God... gosh darn it. Ass Hat [Big Grin] .... I have to save that page, there's so much pics to clip...

*whips Fab for more overhead views* have you discussed the idea of adding some of those to Maso's stuff?

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep we should save the page.

Done.

aridas
Member # 1051

- posted      Profile for aridas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
quote:
Originally posted by Vanguard:
Nordenskjold Class
Starship goes QUACK?

http://www.pixelsagas.com/gallery/albums/userpics/J_Fed_Nordenskjold_2227.png

hmmm...from the top view, the ipulse engines look like a box of chinese food.
Maybe the ship's propelled by a fried rice drive. [Big Grin]

Hella cool work there Fabrux.

I'd like to see someone make a version of this with NX-01-style components: lots of bare metal and details, the NX style nacelles, etc.

I hate that ship. I even hated it the way I really drew it. I went way overboard trying to show it was a kludgy retrofit of an older ship.

That's why

I had to

redesign

her.

I still don't like the bigass intercoolers. But the thing I had in mind from the beginning -- that as launched, this was a much-more streamlined, proto-shuttlecarrier -- is much clearer now. I called them cruisers because, you know, aircraft carriers were originally called cruisers (CV="cruiser, aviation").

--------------------
Feeling nostalgic for that old time Trek religion? Visit the Federation Reference Series online!

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^That's hot.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Irishman
Member # 1188

- posted      Profile for Irishman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know, the secondary hull and nacelles would make a hell of a ship on its own. [Smile]

--------------------
This is just fun...it's not life...keep this in mind and we'll all enjoy it much more

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you're using Firefox get the "DownThemAll" add-on. It is SWEET. It will download all the images in a couple of clicks.

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Vanguard
Member # 1780

- posted      Profile for Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, Aridas, they can't all be the swans, ya know? I think the rather bizzare look of the Nordenskjold is what sets her apart from a lot of the other fandom designs out there.

--------------------
www.pixelsagas.com

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks really great with the exception of the giant christmas lights on at the saucer's edge.
In that scale they'd be over 10' across!

Make those smaller and she'd be nigh-perfect (at least in comparison with the source material). [Wink]

Vanguard
Member # 1780

The final test...
USS Enterprise - NCC 1701, production version

EDIT: Ahem.

[ December 11, 2008, 05:55 AM: Message edited by: Fabrux ]

--------------------
www.pixelsagas.com

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

What? No rust-ring?
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice but I'm not a fan of grid lines on the hull. IIRC there were never grid lines on the model while the show was on the air. They seem to have been added later.
Vanguard
Member # 1780

They were penciled in for the production version, but very lightly (and under Jefferies' protest). They DO show up on some rare shots, but not very often. (This is why the FJ manual has them, actually.)

Granted, they're pretty dark here, though nowhere near as dark as the Smithsonian had them for several years.

--------------------
www.pixelsagas.com

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps