Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Jaynz - Saladin Sample Test Thingie (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Jaynz - Saladin Sample Test Thingie
Vanguard
Member # 1780

- posted      Profile for Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, moving on from the color tests to try to get December's guide out while it's actually December. But I really need feedback on how things are going.

Right now I've rigged up the Saladin class (2245 version), for the guide. Please let me know what you think before I tackle the other ships...

http://www.jaynz.info/files/Sample_Saladin_2245.pdf

--------------------
www.pixelsagas.com
www.jaynz.info - The Record of Star Fleet

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I were you I'd lighted that shadowing behind the text or remove it altogether. The relative contrast is so low, at first glance it just looks like fuzzy bold text.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At 100% magnification, the lines on the ship itself are rather fuzzy. Is there a way to adjust that? Even zooming in to, say, 125%, the ship itself still has a lot of artefacts... not sure if that's part of the PDF process or you ported over a JPG?

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Vanguard
Member # 1780

- posted      Profile for Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it's a PDF thing (same with the text), 'cause it doesn't look that on the source screen. I'll have to check the settings.

--------------------
www.pixelsagas.com

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is the source for this, anyways?

--------------------

Vanguard
Member # 1780

Many sources, starting with the Technical Manual, Aridas's SFPO, Mr. Scott's Guide, ASDB, and others... (a complete bibliography is on Jaynz already, just not in the work sample here.)

--------------------
www.pixelsagas.com

Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*drools, impressed*

Sooooo, how does the Kelvin fit into all this...? [Big Grin]

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

No no, I mean what is the source for the PDF. Like, what are you converting into PDF?

--------------------

Vanguard
Member # 1780

Pensive>
No idea about the Kelvin. There's been a lot of requests for her (or a Baton Rogue design thereof), but I'm really not sure how to fit her in. Definately would have to change the registry at least... but it may have to wait until the movie's out.

Fabrux >
The images are PNGs (which were shown earlier) while the program I'm using is PDF Create. I just had to turn off loss compression again, since the bloody thing got reset.

--------------------
www.pixelsagas.com

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

Ah, that should fix it right up.

--------------------

Vanguard
Member # 1780

Updated with the entirety of the ship catalog I was shooting for for December. I'm not 100 percent happy with the guide, but I'll leave as-is for now unless someone hits me later with something.

--------------------
www.pixelsagas.com

Vanguard
Member # 1780

Aft and ventral tests.

I'm really unhappy with the ventral windows, but I'm not really sure how to fix them at the moment, short of a CAD-like redraw of them. Of course, it may come to that...

http://www.pixelsagas.com/gallery/albums/userpics/J_Fed_Hermes_2265_VA.png

--------------------
www.pixelsagas.com

Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
there's nothing wrong with that pic. it looks fine (and very dead on) to me...
HerbShrump
Member # 1230

- posted      Profile for HerbShrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I see what you're saying about the windows. What program are you using?
Vanguard
Member # 1780

Paint Shop Pro XI... which is a decent 'poor mans' tool, but I think I've hit it limits. It's a pixel basher, and good for what it does, but I'm noticing too many flaws in my work these days, from the font anti-aliasing, the rough edges, etc. I've got Canvas, thanks to Jackill, but I haven't mastered it yet. :S

--------------------
www.pixelsagas.com

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps