Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Star Trek: Foundations art WIPs

Author Topic: Star Trek: Foundations art WIPs
CX
Member # 2133

- posted      Profile for CX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Star Trek: Foundations is basically my take on what I thought ENT should have been. It's set during the same time period, and most of the characters are basically the same, but the storyline and the universe itself are different. I won't bore you all too much with a write-up here, but if you want to know more, you can visit my website here.

I worked on pretty much all of this over Christmas break, and while it was helped along by a lack of internet connection, I'm very disappointed to say that I didn't get anywhere near as much done as I wanted to, and that my lack of Illustrator-fu is definitely showing in the uniforms and probably on some of the department pins as well.

So, to start things off, let's have a look at what I have done for the department symbols, which is to say the chrome pin version that would be worn on the service dress uniform variants.

Aquisitions, Supply & Financial Management
 -

Communications
 -

Dining Services
 -

Engineering
 -

Judge Advocate General Corps
 -

Medical
 -

Navigation
 -

Operations & Logistics
 -

CX
Member # 2133

- posted      Profile for CX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Flight Operations (Qualified Pilot)
 -

Science
 -

[u]Ranks[/u] (Note: These are the same on all uniforms where applicable, as UESPA has no worry about blending in to anything)

Officer
 -

Enlisted
 -

[u]Uniforms[/u] (Note: I plan to do some enlisted versions of all of these, but I only have one done so far. I'm also bound to do some tweaking on these in the future)

Short Sleeve Service Uniform
 -

Long Sleeve Service Uniform
 -

Full Service Dress (Officer)
 -

Full Service Dress (Enlisted)
 -

CX
Member # 2133

Operational Duty Uniform (Undershirt Only) (Note: This would be pretty much the same for everyone, and yes, I did base these very heavily on what the US Coast Guard and NOAA Corps personnel wear)
 -

Operation Duty Uniform
 -

The officer rank patches for them:
 -

Examples of the name patches:
 -

-

-

-

-

CX
Member # 2133

-

-

-

-

-

CX
Member # 2133

I could use some opinions on the UEM uniforms, mostly to do with the color scheme to use. I've already decided to use the uniform from Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within as the basis for the design, but I'm having trouble deciding on the color scheme to use for it.
 -

I could use WWII US Army colors:
 -

Modern British Army colors:
 -

US Marine colors:
 -

Swiss Army colors:
 -
(Could be too similar to UESPA colors)

Late 20th Century US Army colors:
 -

Modern US Army colors:
 -

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really like your duty uniform concepts. And I like your dress unis alot better than the admirals' uniforms on Ent.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

CX
Member # 2133

Cool. I have one more patch and one more uniform and I should basically be done with UESPA's uniforms, unless I want to do female versions, but I don't really feel like it since they'd be basically the same anyway.

Then I'll start on the United Earth Military (in case you were wondering what UEM stood for) uniforms.

The Ginger Beacon
Member # 1585

- posted      Profile for The Ginger Beacon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice work so far. I'd go with the British Army colours for the UEM. The modern US army looks too much like they forgot to get their trousers dry cleaned and just grabbed the first pair they could find, and the Swiss is a bit too close to your UESPA unifom.

The dress cardigans you've got are...diferent. Good diferent. Have you thought about putting the TOS colours into the uniforms?

The only other thing I can think of is the officer utility rank patches. Black rectangles with silver squares and a silver boarder - a bit close to the S.S. perhaps?

--------------------
I have plenty of experience in biology. I bought a Tamagotchi in 1998... And... it's still alive.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, there's plenty of bad stuff to say about the Nazi's. But they designed cool uniforms.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

CX
Member # 2133

Silver on black goes best with the blue of the uniforms.
CX
Member # 2133

Coveralls, worn by anyone who has to get dirty and doesn't feel like wearing the ODUs.
 -
And yes, they're totally based on the original ENT versions, I just made them a little better. [Big Grin]

CX
Member # 2133

Someone suggested small sleeve pockets on both the coveralls and the ODUs. I ended up adding them to the coveralls, but I've opted to leave the ODUs alone.
 -

And with the Physical Training Uniform, this pretty much wraps it up for UESPA as far as uniforms
 -

I may draw up the service caps and the less formal "ball cap" that would be worn with the ODUs and the coveralls later on, but I've had about enough of UESPA for the time being.

Here's the official UESPA seal though, of which a patch version would be worn on the right shoulder of all but the PTUS, and jacket-less service dress. There's also a two-tone version of it on the shorts of the PTUs in case you were wondering what that was.
 -

CX
Member # 2133

Well, this is what I have done so far on the UEM service dress. You can't see the shirt under the jacket very well, but they're based on the color schemes I listed before. So basically I'm going to list them below and ask everyone what they like best:
 -

I didn't do one based on modern British colors, but that would basically be a V5, and Marine colors would be V6, and they'd all actually be pretty close. Anyway, as soon as I get a feel for what people think is cool I'll work on more of the details, like the different insignia.

Sarvek
Member # 910

- posted      Profile for Sarvek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great work. [Big Grin] I really like your UESPA seal.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps